Running Jobs Filter

Started by JeffL-NH, April 27, 2011, 08:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffL-NH

Could a non-running jobs filter be added to that list? (i.e. to only show running jobs)

Pepo

Quote from: JeffL-NH on April 27, 2011, 08:16:21 PM
Could a non-running jobs filter be added to that list? (i.e. to only show running jobs)
À la the BOINC's "Show active jobs"?
Peter

Dirk

In BT the default settings are like 'show only active tasks' (in BOINC Manager terms).
In contrast to the BM, BT show all others (results for UL, WUs for DL, WUs are ready for calculation) additional summarized.

It's possible to show all WUs individually in BT, like it's possible in the BM?
(aka Sutaru Tsureku)

Best regards! :-)

fred

Tell me more why or what you like to see.

Beyond

Quote from: fred on July 06, 2011, 07:48:38 AM
Related request:  would it be possible to add the ability to promote/demote the "priority of task states" (in BV terms).  For instance I sort on "Status" and would like the ability to move a category such as "Running <" to a different place on the listing.  The ability to edit the status name would probably achieve the same result.

Edit:  Another option might be the ability to expand/collapse a whole category (in the example above, the "Running <" category).

fred

Quote from: Beyond on July 06, 2011, 04:16:04 PM
Related request:  would it be possible to add the ability to promote/demote the "priority of task states" (in BV terms).  For instance I sort on "Status" and would like the ability to move a category such as "Running <" to a different place on the listing.  The ability to edit the status name would probably achieve the same result.

Edit:  Another option might be the ability to expand/collapse a whole category (in the example above, the "Running <" category).
This would mean filter on running tasks  on a specific status.  I could do filter on normal and high p.
Status names with user definable sorting order.  :o Not impossible.

Beyond

Quote from: fredThis would mean filter on running tasks  on a specific status.  I could do filter on normal and high p.
Not so much what I was thinking of.
Quote from: fredStatus names with user definable sorting order.  :o Not impossible.
Yes, that would do it.

fred

Quote from: Beyond on July 06, 2011, 04:46:44 PM
Quote from: fredThis would mean filter on running tasks  on a specific status.  I could do filter on normal and high p.
Not so much what I was thinking of.
Quote from: fredStatus names with user definable sorting order.  :o Not impossible.
Yes, that would do it.
To be sure, the last one is your request

Dirk

Quote from: Sutaru Tsureku on July 05, 2011, 11:23:07 PM
In BT the default settings are like 'show only active tasks' (in BOINC Manager terms).
In contrast to the BM, BT show all others (results for UL, WUs for DL, WUs are ready for calculation) additional summarized.

It's possible to show all WUs individually in BT, like it's possible in the BM?

It's possible to show all DLed WUs individually in BoincTasks/Tasks overview?
To now I didn't found the settings..

E.g. for to show the estimated times of the DLed WUs.

In the meantime I found this settings alone..
(aka Sutaru Tsureku)

fred

Quote from: Sutaru Tsureku on July 06, 2011, 08:38:59 PM
In the meantime I found this settings alone..
Unless you can post something I can comprehend, I can't respond to them.
And I sometimes remove your messages and combine them with a previous one. You can EDIT a previous post instead of posting them again and again and again.

Dirk

I know - my english isn't perfect, but I thought I wrote it understandable..

I wanted to know if it's possible to show all WUs individually - not combined.
And - yes it's, I found this function after a lot searching.

Yes - I know that I could edit my messages.
But who will see it that I changed the old message and added more, because I thought noone understood what I meant?
The thread get in the overview also the 'new' added?

But, it doesn't matter.. - it's O.K. ..
(aka Sutaru Tsureku)

fred

Quote from: Sutaru Tsureku on July 08, 2011, 08:29:50 PM
But, it doesn't matter.. - it's O.K. ..
1 = Right mouse->Filter tasks on->
2 = Double click on filtered tasks and the filter is released for that computer only. Double clicking again will set the filter again.

JeffL-NH

Quote from: fred on July 06, 2011, 07:48:38 AM

Sorry for the delay in replying. I was just looking for a filter that would allow me to view only running tasks (no waiting or ready to start)  :)

fred

Quote from: JeffL-NH on July 29, 2011, 08:11:49 PM
Sorry for the delay in replying. I was just looking for a filter that would allow me to view only running tasks (no waiting or ready to start)  :)
Just curious, why would you like to see only the running tasks?

JeffL-NH

It cleans up the tasks display quite a bit. I'm currently displaying the tasks window with a sort on the Status column and a secondary sort on the Time Left column. The effect of this is all Ready To Start jobs are on top (listed first in the window) and the Waiting To Run jobs are at the bottom. In the middle are the active, running jobs.

This is adequate until I start playing with the filters / sorting, which then scrambles everything up again (i.e. makes harder to read).

How about a set of radio buttons under VIEW in the menu bar that allows checking Ready to Start, Running and Waiting to Run. If they're all checked you get the current 'everything display' . Unchecking removes that category of jobs from the display (with all unchecked giving a blank tasks window).

Is that possible?