some more wishes

Started by Corsair, October 23, 2009, 02:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

Hi Fred,

about it's now in the wish list but could be in connection:
- store the windows position (already in wish list)
- remember disconnected computers, I mean, if computer is not connected at this moment, remember the last state that it had.
- in the previous case could be shown a red "X" before the name in the window.
- some kind of store for retired host, case of upgrading one computer.
- if possible in case of portable computer, save different computers distributions, case using at home the normal layout and in case of remote connection.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on October 23, 2009, 02:50:24 PM
Hi Fred,

- 1 store the windows position (already in wish list)
- 2 remember disconnected computers, I mean, if computer is not connected at this moment, remember the last state that it had.
- 3 in the previous case could be shown a red "X" before the name in the window.
- 4 some kind of store for retired host, case of upgrading one computer.
- 5 if possible in case of portable computer, save different computers distributions, case using at home the normal layout and in case of remote connection.
1 Already done that one  ;D.
2 Why would you want that, because the data will be totally off.
3 What window?
4 There already is a store all settings in the wish list.
5 ????

Corsair

Quote from: fred on October 23, 2009, 07:57:56 PM
Hi Fred,

- 2 remember disconnected computers, I mean, if computer is not connected at this moment, remember the last state that it had.
- 3 in the previous case could be shown a red "X" before the name in the window.
- 5 if possible in case of portable computer, save different computers distributions, case using at home the normal layout and in case of remote connection.
3 What window?
5 ????
2 just to keep track of historical computers, and in case that comms will lost the computer doesn't dissapear from the panel as it happens now.
3 in the computer panel.
4 no the store of settings, in connection with 2 keep file of retired computers.
5 if I run BT at home it use to have some settings as IP (mainly private IP), etc.
   if I want to run from the www, there should be another IP(public with ports forwarded), another domains, etc, for same computers that these options could be stored and retrieved depending where you were, "home" the Intranet IP or connected to internet away home "On the Fly".
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on October 25, 2009, 06:18:24 PM
Quote from: fred on October 23, 2009, 07:57:56 PM
Hi Fred,

3 What window?
5 ????
2 just to keep track of historical computers, and in case that comms will lost the computer doesn't dissapear from the panel as it happens now.
3 in the computer panel.
4 no the store of settings, in connection with 2 keep file of retired computers.
5 if I run BT at home it use to have some settings as IP (mainly private IP), etc.
   if I want to run from the www, there should be another IP(public with ports forwarded), another domains, etc, for same computers that these options could be stored and retrieved depending where you were, "home" the Intranet IP or connected to internet away home "On the Fly".
5 is in the wish list.
The others I still don't understand the why.