Startup time issue after upgrading from BT 1.16 to 1.25

Started by MarkJ, December 31, 2011, 02:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkJ

So here's the scenerio... Happily running BT 1.16 on a laptop with win7 x64. I do the upgrade to BT 1.25. No problems until I click on the icon to start it. It takes 22 seconds to come up. Now 1.16 was there within 1 second, but 22 seconds to start up? And no its not in power saving mode. I can exit BT and restart it and its still around the 22 seconds startup time.

Checked www and webserver options and both are unchecked. Same for History logging (unchecked).

Beyond

1.25 had major problems, use 1.30 and I believe your issue will be gone  :)
And no I have no idea why 1.25 is listed as the latest non beta.  It didn't work so well here either.  1.30 solved all the major issues I had.

fred

Quote from: MarkJ on December 31, 2011, 02:23:18 AM
So here's the scenerio... Happily running BT 1.16 on a laptop with win7 x64. I do the upgrade to BT 1.25. No problems until I click on the icon to start it. It takes 22 seconds to come up. Now 1.16 was there within 1 second, but 22 seconds to start up? And no its not in power saving mode. I can exit BT and restart it and its still around the 22 seconds startup time.
It should happen only once, as BT cleans up older files that are left behind in 1.16 and where growing and growing.
But as already mentioned 1.30 does a better job, as it handles it in the background.

MarkJ

I have upgraded to 1.30 and that seems to have resolved it.

I did try uninstalling 1.16 so that I only had a computers.xml file and then installing 1.25 so there shouldn't have been anything to convert. Also it repeatedly took 20+ seconds start up, not just the first time. Anyway no point worrying about it now as 1.30 seems to fix it. Perhaps its time to make 1.30 the recommended version?

fred

Quote from: MarkJ on January 02, 2012, 01:23:27 AM
Perhaps its time to make 1.30 the recommended version?
I'm planning to do just that, but I always wait for unexpected problems.

Beyond

Another issue that seems to have been resolved is the crashing problem.  I had fairly constant crashes with 1.22 - 1.29 (at the least several a day).  So far have had NONE with 1.30  :)