BT 0.69

Started by Pepo, August 12, 2010, 12:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

• Paused tasks already show up in the Checkpoint column :) but! their "CPU time at last checkpoint" value, rather than the CPU times' difference (or fred's elapsed equivalent). A pretty lot red warnings are now visible in the column ;D
  • What does the checkpoint's tooltip e.g. "|0:19:43 L7960312" mean? The second vaue is the same overall.
  • Intially, after enabling its checkbox, my Debt column was invisible, zero-sized. (After resizing my right-most column, the Debt column suddenly popped-up with some half-width and I could finally resize it.)
  • Sorting according to the Debt column does not work correctly - the values are wildly spread across the column.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on August 12, 2010, 12:18:14 PM

• Paused tasks already show up in the Checkpoint column :) but! their "CPU time at last checkpoint" value, rather than the CPU times' difference (or fred's elapsed equivalent). A pretty lot red warnings are now visible in the column ;D
  • What does the checkpoint's tooltip e.g. "|0:19:43 L7960312" mean? The second vaue is the same overall.
  • Intially, after enabling its checkbox, my Debt column was invisible, zero-sized. (After resizing my right-most column, the Debt column suddenly popped-up with some half-width and I could finally resize it.)
  • Sorting according to the Debt column does not work correctly - the values are wildly spread across the column.
Noted.
I don't know what is wrong with the pause, will try to fix.
The tooltip shows some hidden characters, forgot to hide them in the remove function. The number is the color, this was the easiest way for a Cell color.
Strange that the column is invisible, because I check for the width of the column. And if they are below, they show up, but in a narrow column.

jjwhalen

1)  Unintended side effect: the Projects view now has show/hide columns, but with any column hidden, I no longer get a Context (Rt-Click) menu on the Projects view at all :(  Context menu on all other views is unaffected (except of course Computers, which never had one).  This is on WinVista SP2.  This puts several functions (not on the Operations toolbar) out of reach if all columns are not checkbox-enabled.

2)  Regarding Pepo's bullet point
QuoteIntially, after enabling its checkbox, my Debt column was invisible, zero-sized. (After resizing my right-most column, the Debt column suddenly popped-up with some half-width and I could finally resize it.)
I had the same experience except that I drag-selected another column (without actually dropping in a new location) and the Debts column appeared at the half-width.

3)  Now that we have (much appreciated) drag-and-drop column positioning on Tasks, it's worth mentioning that primary, secondary & tertiary sortpoints have always been based on column number from the left, not the column header.  Especially with drag-and-drop, it would be very helpful if the sortpoint followed the column to its new position.  (Call this a feature request if you prefer ;D)

EDIT--The dynamic display of Checkpoint & STD is very useful for serious crunchers 8)

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on August 12, 2010, 05:09:32 PM

1)  Unintended side effect: the Projects view now has show/hide columns, but with any column hidden, I no longer get a Context (Rt-Click) menu on the Projects view at all :(  Context menu on all other views is unaffected (except of course Computers, which never had one).  This is on WinVista SP2.  This puts several functions (not on the Operations toolbar) out of reach if all columns are not checkbox-enabled.

2)  Regarding Pepo's bullet point
QuoteIntially, after enabling its checkbox, my Debt column was invisible, zero-sized. (After resizing my right-most column, the Debt column suddenly popped-up with some half-width and I could finally resize it.)
I had the same experience except that I drag-selected another column (without actually dropping in a new location) and the Debts column appeared at the half-width.

3)  Now that we have (much appreciated) drag-and-drop column positioning on Tasks, it's worth mentioning that primary, secondary & tertiary sortpoints have always been based on column number from the left, not the column header.  Especially with drag-and-drop, it would be very helpful if the sortpoint followed the column to its new position.  (Call this a feature request if you prefer ;D)
1) Did the menu's, forgot the context menu.
2) Ok I can reproduce that. Is shown again, when you restart BT. Something is wrong with the initial width.
3) Will do.

glennaxl

Can the debt be move to the projects tab as they are per project?

I doesn't do good seeing the debt values over and over again

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on August 13, 2010, 03:48:01 AM
Can the debt be move to the projects tab as they are per project?

I doesn't do good seeing the debt values over and over again
.... I don' know how.
There are 6 debt values, 3 long and 3 short. Tasks shows the 3 short.
Leaves 3 for the projects.

jjwhalen

Another Checkpoint item...sigh :)

I'm running the (recently attached) AQUA "IQUANA" app which is multicore/multithreaded.  I think the app is written for a maximum of 8 cores.  Predictably (I suppose) the Checkpoint value shown is the aggregate of all cores IQUANA is running across (double, quadruple, whatever) instead of just the time since last checkpoint.  Could you maybe add a "divide by" if the resource value has >/=2.00 CPUs ??? ;D

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on August 15, 2010, 05:59:58 AM
Another Checkpoint item...sigh :)

I'm running the (recently attached) AQUA "IQUANA" app which is multicore/multithreaded.  I think the app is written for a maximum of 8 cores.  Predictably (I suppose) the Checkpoint value shown is the aggregate of all cores IQUANA is running across (double, quadruple, whatever) instead of just the time since last checkpoint.  Could you maybe add a "divide by" if the resource value has >/=2.00 CPUs ??? ;D
Noted.

jjwhalen

This seems related to Pepo's bullet point
QuotePaused tasks already show up in the Checkpoint column  but! their "CPU time at last checkpoint" value, rather than the CPU times' difference (or fred's elapsed equivalent). A pretty lot red warnings are now visible in the column:
When tasks in state "Waiting to run" are filtered (combined), all Waiting tasks, combined or otherwise, have a blank Checkpoint cell.  When the filter is turned off, all Waiting tasks' Checkpoints appear as above.  (My warning color is burnt umber, not red, but otherwise as Pepo describes.)  Certainly a row of filtered tasks can't have a valid common checkpoint, and blank is appropriate.  But the single entry rows should be displaying something.

This may be too late for v0.70.  I noticed it a few days ago but got distracted and forgot.  I usually keep the filter turned  on, so didn't understand Pepo's item at first.

EDIT--BTW tasks in state "Ready to report" are displaying the terminal Elapsed Time in the Checkpoint cell.  Not exactly the end of the world, but it is (a) invalid, and (b) unnecessary.

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on August 16, 2010, 10:04:25 PM
This seems related to Pepo's bullet point
QuotePaused tasks already show up in the Checkpoint column  but! their "CPU time at last checkpoint" value, rather than the CPU times' difference (or fred's elapsed equivalent). A pretty lot red warnings are now visible in the column:
When tasks in state "Waiting to run" are filtered (combined), all Waiting tasks, combined or otherwise, have a blank Checkpoint cell.  When the filter is turned off, all Waiting tasks' Checkpoints appear as above.  (My warning color is burnt umber, not red, but otherwise as Pepo describes.)  Certainly a row of filtered tasks can't have a valid common checkpoint, and blank is appropriate.  But the single entry rows should be displaying something.

This may be too late for v0.70.  I noticed it a few days ago but got distracted and forgot.  I usually keep the filter turned  on, so didn't understand Pepo's item at first.

EDIT--BTW tasks in state "Ready to report" are displaying the terminal Elapsed Time in the Checkpoint cell.  Not exactly the end of the world, but it is (a) invalid, and (b) unnecessary.
Should all be corrected in the next version.

glennaxl

tooltip still doesn't update when a computer lost its connection.

edit: after 10 mins or so the tooltip has been updated.

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on August 17, 2010, 09:13:47 PM
tooltip still doesn't update when a computer lost its connection.

edit: after 10 mins or so the tooltip has been updated.
It takes some time before he gives up.