Integration TThrottle & BoincTasks

Started by Corsair, January 12, 2010, 10:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

Hi,

why not in the near future for the machine running BoincTasks that this should have
integrated in only one program both things:
- Control Boinc
- Control and Monitoring CPU & GPU

leaving Tthrottle for the machines that have not installed BoincTasks.

I know that integrate both programs in a single one must be terrorific, but could be
possible in the near future, when BoincTasks will be developed as desired,

I think that this will never happen as we'll be always pushing you further.  :D :D :D ;)
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

John McLeod VII

OK, I will give a how to a shot.

BOINC tasks allows the user to set the port used to control any particular computer (this is needed)

1)  Have your router forward a port to port 31416 on each computer you want to control.
2)  Either have a fixed IP address, or have your router registered with DYN DNS (or some similar service).  Note that this must be available in the router.  See your router instruction manual to see how.
3)  In BOINC Tasks, set up each of the computers to have the IP of the router (if fixed) or the name registered with DYN DNS.  Set the port to the one that was forwarded to port 31416 for the host you want to control.

Caveat:  I have never seen the need to use DYN DNS, so I have not actually used it.  This note is based on general principles.

Christoph

Well a bit late maybe for a response to this topic.
I had have that scenario when I was at the hospital. I did even use the remote connection to surf the web in-direct via the home computer because the internet connection in one hospital room was so horrible that it was faster callling the homepages over the home computer then calling it over my Laptop which was connecting via the mobile phone network and only doing EDGE connections. That is no option in today's internet world.

I guess that the interconnect between BT and TThrottle has overcome this question.
So just one 'Nice to know' -idea for people like Sailors which might connect over a low bandwidth connections. Or other people which have no choice then to connect via low bandwidth connections like me in this specific hospital room.

I apologise for nor visiting this Forum for such a long time. That's my life.......

*Typos are the *what ever(just no appropriate english word[maybe courtsey?] comes to mind)* to my current alcohol level.