Sidebar Computer Selection enhancements

Started by JeffL-NH, July 07, 2011, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffL-NH

I have 2 separate networks in my house, joined by a wireless bridge. When I want to see how "the downstairs" is doing, I open the Sidebar Computer Selection (I don't normally have it displayed) and choose what systems I wish to see as a group (using ctl key to choose). This led me to an idea.

Could this feature be user configurable to allow systems to be placed in group folders and additionally displaying group totals (i.e a separate line in the Tasks at the top)?

fred

Quote from: JeffL-NH on July 07, 2011, 12:59:55 PM
I have 2 separate networks in my house, joined by a wireless bridge. When I want to see how "the downstairs" is doing, I open the Sidebar Computer Selection (I don't normally have it displayed) and choose what systems I wish to see as a group (using ctl key to choose). This led me to an idea.

Could this feature be user configurable to allow systems to be placed in group folders and additionally displaying group totals (i.e a separate line in the Tasks at the top)?
Grouping is already on the list, but I added yours to it.

JeffL-NH

Awesome! Sorry to duplicate!

Thanks for all you do!

fred

Quote from: JeffL-NH on July 07, 2011, 01:07:07 PM
Awesome! Sorry to duplicate!

Thanks for all you do!
No problem, the list isn't always that obvious.

omni

+1

new member here.  while reading over the wishlist earlier, i musta missed this post.  the computer grouping thing was exactly what i was going to wish for and its already here!  glad to hear itll be up and coming.  boinctasks is a great help to keep track of all the hosts i have running.  thanks for the great software and responsiveness to the user community.

rob

fred

Quote from: omni on August 03, 2011, 10:58:39 AM
new member here.  while reading over the wishlist earlier, i musta missed this post.  the computer grouping thing was exactly what i was going to wish for and its already here!  glad to hear itll be up and coming.  boinctasks is a great help to keep track of all the hosts i have running.  thanks for the great software and responsiveness to the user community.
To be sure, here is the V 1.14 with the group feature: http://www.efmer.eu/boinc/boinc_tasks/download_beta.html