BT 0.54

Started by Corsair, May 08, 2010, 10:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

still can't get logged the Collatz units from one host, all other units from such host
are logged properly, that hapen since yesterday, BT versions 0.53 & 0.54.

all units are finished, uploaded, etc. properly.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on May 08, 2010, 10:14:21 AM
still can't get logged the Collatz units from one host, all other units from such host

In the Tasks the tasks should go from uploading to ready to report.
At the same time in the History the tasks should go from uploading to report to reported (when the task is removed).
But when the status is not shown properly.. like as a text it doesn't work. Maybe one of the BOINC files got corrupted in your crash, like the state file.

glennaxl

Host connect thru WAN (Internet) will won't update after certain time thus having a disabled icon (not the lightning icon).

Sidebar and toolbar color has its own color scheme.

Garbage keys in the log when there is a connection error:
08 May 2010 - 19:31:08 ¸Œ+ ---- Host:

archae86

I had what appeared initially to be a freeze of the type previously discussed.  I went to the logging window, but checking the debug box did not cause visible logging.  So I tried to turn on "magic" logging.  Unlike previous versions in previous incidents, neither clicking the the debug box nor typing "magic" (which did stimulate a "full debug" notification) caused the logging box to start making a new line per second.

After perhaps a couple of minutes it appeared to unfreeze.  Just before the start of the incident, I had selected just one of the five hosts, and the first thing I noticed at the unfreeze was that the display abruptly shrank to that the lines for that host.  Then I noticed that the status area had resumed the regular countdown to updates, rather than staying frozen on "updating."  This seems good--perhaps one of the palliative measures unfroze me.

There was some abnormal things in exiting the program, but I'll refrain for description, as my memory is not crisp on just what happened, though two elements I am sure of is that it did not initially terminate when asked to from the task tray popup menu, and that when it finally did terminate I got the Windows abnormal termination--ready to send data to Microsoft popup--which I have not previously seen from BoincTasks.  I failed to try to collect any information from that, however.

Corsair

Quote from: fred on May 08, 2010, 12:37:39 PM
Quote from: Corsair on May 08, 2010, 10:14:21 AM

In the Tasks the tasks should go from uploading to ready to report.
At the same time in the History the tasks should go from uploading to report to reported (when the task is removed).
But when the status is not shown properly.. like as a text it doesn't work. Maybe one of the BOINC files got corrupted in your crash, like the state file.

probably one error in the log file + BOINC error on crash + etc, now solved,
gone to the work log file "xx.cvs" and deleted the line with error state and
renumbered again correctly, now logging all units again.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on May 08, 2010, 10:39:45 PM
Host connect thru WAN (Internet) will won't update after certain time thus having a disabled icon (not the lightning icon).

Sidebar and toolbar color has its own color scheme.

Garbage keys in the log when there is a connection error:
08 May 2010 - 19:31:08 ¸Œ+ ---- Host:
To reconnect automatically go to the expert tab and type in 120 in the reconnect field.
You may also do this manually by clicking on all computers or on the computer itself.

About the colors, I don't understand the question.

When a connection is lost, during data transport it may result in some garbage in the lines.

fred

Quote from: archae86 on May 08, 2010, 11:35:09 PM
I had what appeared initially to be a freeze of the type previously discussed.  I went to the logging window, but checking the debug box did not cause visible logging.  So I tried to turn on "magic" logging.  Unlike previous versions in previous incidents, neither clicking the the debug box nor typing "magic" (which did stimulate a "full debug" notification) caused the logging box to start making a new line per second.

After perhaps a couple of minutes it appeared to unfreeze.  Just before the start of the incident, I had selected just one of the five hosts, and the first thing I noticed at the unfreeze was that the display abruptly shrank to that the lines for that host.  Then I noticed that the status area had resumed the regular countdown to updates, rather than staying frozen on "updating."  This seems good--perhaps one of the palliative measures unfroze me.

There was some abnormal things in exiting the program, but I'll refrain for description, as my memory is not crisp on just what happened, though two elements I am sure of is that it did not initially terminate when asked to from the task tray popup menu, and that when it finally did terminate I got the Windows abnormal termination--ready to send data to Microsoft popup--which I have not previously seen from BoincTasks.  I failed to try to collect any information from that, however.
For the logging to happen, you have the change the C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\log\log.xml file.
Change       <tasks>      0   </tasks>   into       <tasks>      1   </tasks>
But this must be done before you start BoincTasks.
Checking debug should than start the logging.

Program termination starts after about 1 minute, when something is wrong.
But this is quite dangerous and may not always result in a correct closing of the program. The program tries to free up used memory.
In this case it results in abnormal termination.

glennaxl

Quote from: fred on May 09, 2010, 09:02:07 AM
1.) To reconnect automatically go to the expert tab and type in 120 in the reconnect field.
You may also do this manually by clicking on all computers or on the computer itself.
2.)About the colors, I don't understand the question.
3.)When a connection is lost, during data transport it may result in some garbage in the lines.
1.) So it is by design that it will not reconnect if a single problem will arise thus speeding up the refresh process? Can you add the "clicking on all computers" on FAQ?
2.) If you take a look on the pics, computer sidebar has white and bluish gray; toolbar has grey and bluish gray. Previous versions, the sidebar and toolbar has the same color as the container. Its just some fancy thing.
3.) How come previous versions doesn't show garbage? I'll dig more on this; its probably a lost in translation

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on May 09, 2010, 03:15:04 PM
Quote from: fred on May 09, 2010, 09:02:07 AM
1.) To reconnect automatically go to the expert tab and type in 120 in the reconnect field.
2.)About the colors, I don't understand the question.
3.)When a connection is lost, during data transport it may result in some garbage in the lines.
1.) So it is by design that it will not reconnect if a single problem will arise thus speeding up the refresh process? Can you add the "clicking on all computers" on FAQ?
2.) If you take a look on the pics, computer sidebar has white and bluish gray; toolbar has grey and bluish gray. Previous versions, the sidebar and toolbar has the same color as the container. Its just some fancy thing.
3.) How come previous versions doesn't show garbage? I'll dig more on this; its probably a lost in translation
I got to update the manual, it's a bit .... old

1) It's by design. You can set e.g. 120 in the expert tab for reconnect if you get frequent disconnects.
In the next version I will change the first 4 minutes, so you can connect locally when BT starts way earlier than BOINC.
2) Try moving the toolbar so they are close to each other.
3) I haven't changed a thing in that part of the program. But do you messed up text when you have a proper connection.

glennaxl

Quote from: fred on May 09, 2010, 05:40:46 PM
3) I haven't changed a thing in that part of the program. But do you messed up text when you have a proper connection.
Only happens when its not connected.

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on May 10, 2010, 04:25:36 AM
Never connected? Or when the connection is lost.

glennaxl

Quote from: fred on May 10, 2010, 07:25:01 AM
When connection is lost

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on May 10, 2010, 10:28:20 PM
Quote from: fred on May 10, 2010, 07:25:01 AM
When connection is lost
Noted