Relative mode for RS bars

Started by Pepo, November 18, 2010, 09:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

As the number of projects on a computer rises, the width of the widest bars in "Share %" column, which symbolize the single projects' Resource Share, effectively approaches zero pixels. The narrow ones were indefinitely thin already a long ago...

If some new optional mode would be introduced to size them not absolutely to the 0-100% width, but to maximize the widest one and the narrower ones (on the same computer) relatively to it, the functionality might be again useful even with larger number of projects. (I understand that the bar width would be not comparable across computers anymore, but therefore 'optional'.)
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 18, 2010, 09:31:29 AM
As the number of projects on a computer rises, the width of the widest bars in "Share %" column, which symbolize the single projects' Resource Share, effectively approaches zero pixels. The narrow ones were indefinitely thin already a long ago...

If some new optional mode would be introduced to size them not absolutely to the 0-100% width, but to maximize the widest one and the narrower ones (on the same computer) relatively to it, the functionality might be again useful even with larger number of projects. (I understand that the bar width would be not comparable across computers anymore, but therefore 'optional'.)
Someone who is supporting this.

jjwhalen

Quote from: fred on November 18, 2010, 03:53:24 PM
Quote from: Pepo on November 18, 2010, 09:31:29 AM

Personally, I don't find the color bars here that useful anyway (unlike CPU% and Progress%).  Since I've always supported multiple projects, I've always preferred to look at the numbers directly for Resource Share.

Sorry, Peter.

Pepo

Quote from: jjwhalen on November 19, 2010, 12:42:18 AM
Quote from: fred on November 18, 2010, 03:53:24 PM
Personally, I don't find the color bars here that useful anyway (unlike CPU% and Progress%).  Since I've always supported multiple projects, I've always preferred to look at the numbers directly for Resource Share.

Sorry, Peter.
No problem, as with everything, no sense creating/building/implementing something what will barely be used by anyone.

We are here to find bugs and raise ideas...
Peter