Bug: Attach project for selected host

Started by x3mEn, April 18, 2011, 01:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

x3mEn

When I want to add some project to some remote host, localhost is used as the main host and I can only "Add the project on additional computers". Sometimes other host is used as the main, I haven't understood, when it occurs.
Is it possible to fix this bug and add the project as the main for selected host from Computers tab?

fred

Quote from: x3mEn on April 18, 2011, 01:41:18 PM
When I want to add some project to some remote host, localhost is used as the main host and I can only "Add the project on additional computers". Sometimes other host is used as the main, I haven't understood, when it occurs.
Is it possible to fix this bug and add the project as the main for selected host from Computers tab?
The selected computer in the Projects tab is used as the "Main" computer.
But I will add this to the to test items.

x3mEn

Quote from: fred on April 18, 2011, 07:33:36 PM
Quote from: x3mEn on April 18, 2011, 01:41:18 PM
The selected computer in the Projects tab is used as the "Main" computer.
But I will add this to the to test items.
It's not true:

As you can see, vps.ua is selected, but localhost is used as the main computer, even when I stay at Projects tab.

Beyond

You need to go to the projects tab and select the computer, then also select any project for that computer.  Then go to "Projects/Add a new project".  At that point the computer you have selected will be the default .

x3mEn

Huh... shamanism
What if there are no projects for the given host and adding project is the first?

Beyond

Quote from: x3mEn on April 20, 2011, 08:26:05 AM
What if there are no projects for the given host and adding project is the first?
The first thing BOINC asks you to do when you install a new client is to pick a project, so you're right there at the local machine for that one  ;D

x3mEn

Quote from: Beyond on April 20, 2011, 01:34:01 PM
Quote from: x3mEn on April 20, 2011, 08:26:05 AM
The first thing BOINC asks you to do when you install a new client is to pick a project, so you're right there at the local machine for that one  ;D
First, you forget about the main part of my phrase: "for the given host"
Second, my local host can be BOINC free.

Actually I very often install BOINC remotely via ssh console and connect to host after boinc-client service start up.
So when I add to BoincTasks the remote host with only installed BOINC, projects space is empty!
(when I connect to the remote host from BOINC Manager, actually he ask me to add a project.
But why I need to use Boinc Manager when BoincTasks can do it as well)
Another case - when I detach all projects from the remote host, projects space is empty too.

fred

Quote from: x3mEn on April 20, 2011, 02:46:54 PM
Another case - when I detach all projects from the remote host, projects space is empty too.
I bumped that one up to the top of the list, it should be there in 1.03.