Boinctasks under linux (wine)

Started by indians, June 12, 2011, 04:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indians

Hi,

Is someone already tried to run boinctasks under linux (with wine) ? I'm trying to do so, but I get the following error:

QuoteFatal error, missing file: BoincTasks_ENU.btlang
Try installing BoincTasks again.

I tried te reinstall it many times and also tested some workarounds but all without success...
I also searched internet where I found people running it under wine without problems...

Someone have an idea of how to solve this ? I'm running under CentOS 5.5 with wine v1.2.3

Thanks in advance for your help.
David.

fred

Quote from: indians on June 12, 2011, 04:43:35 PM
Hi,

Is someone already tried to run boinctasks under linux (with wine) ? I'm trying to do so, but I get the following error:

QuoteFatal error, missing file: BoincTasks_ENU.btlang
Check the installation folder.
There must be a folder C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\lang or a folder relative to the exe \lang.

indians

Thanks for your reply.
The file it is searching for is present in the lang folder... However, it still shows me the fatal error.

Program Files/eFMer
`-- [     4096]  BoincTasks
    |-- [  1731072]  BoincMonitor.exe
    |-- [     7639]  COPYING.LESSER
    |-- [  3117480]  boinctasks.exe
    |-- [  3117480]  boinctasks_large.exe
    |-- [  1213200]  dbghelp.dll
    |-- [     2998]  eFMerBoincTasks.ico
    |-- [     4096]  examples
    |   |-- [     4096]  html
    |   |   |-- [      431]  boinctasks_ftp.txt
    |   |   |-- [       71]  ftp.bat
    |   |   |-- [      409]  readme.txt
    |   |   `-- [     1415]  tasks_template.html
    |   `-- [     4096]  log
    |       `-- [     1855]  log.xml
    |-- [     4096]  html
    |   `-- [     1235]  notices_template.html
    |-- [     4096]  lang
    |   |-- [    38593]  BoincTasks_BGR.btlang
    |   |-- [    39436]  BoincTasks_DEU.btlang
    |   |-- [    37065]  BoincTasks_ENU.btlang
    |   |-- [    39525]  BoincTasks_ESP.btlang
    |   |-- [    40090]  BoincTasks_FRA.btlang
    |   |-- [    39361]  BoincTasks_NLD.btlang
    |   |-- [    38755]  BoincTasks_PLK.btlang
    |   |-- [    37742]  BoincTasks_ROM.btlang
    |   |-- [    39061]  BoincTasks_SKY.btlang
    |   |-- [    37730]  BoincTasks_SVE.btlang
    |   |-- [     1199]  languages.xml
    |   `-- [      388]  xBoincTasks_OVERRIDE.btlang
    |-- [    10986]  license.htm
    |-- [    12347]  unins000.dat
    `-- [   710683]  unins000.exe

I tried to copy the BoincTasks_ENU.btlang in the same folder as the boinctasks.exe, but that changed nothing too :-(

Pepo

Quote from: indians on June 12, 2011, 06:29:42 PM
The file it is searching for is present in the lang folder... However, it still shows me the fatal error.

I tried to copy the BoincTasks_ENU.btlang in the same folder as the boinctasks.exe, but that changed nothing too :-(
I suppose BT is trying to open ".\lang\BoincTasks_ENU.btlang" relative to its installation folder, or "%PROGRAMFILES%\eFMer\BoincTasks\lang\BoincTasks_ENU.btlang". I suspect some path resolution problems or something with environment variables.

What should be manually set in order to enable debug logging? Maybe setting "<directory>1</directory>" in the log.xml could also be helpful?
Peter

fred

Quote from: indians on June 12, 2011, 06:29:42 PM
Thanks for your reply.
The last is a bad idea.
But in all an interesting project, I will check if I can support it. It says 90 % Window compatible. :o

indians

If I trace what BT is doing with strace, I can see that the last file it is trying to open, before the fatal error, is "boinctasksLOC.dll" and it didn't find it...
That tells you something ? the "LOC" let me think it's something to do with locals (languages) so...

However, I don't find any entries concerning the file it reports to fail on (the BoincTasks_ENU.btlang). So, maybe the problem is in that missing dll... ?

indians

Quote from: Pepo on June 12, 2011, 07:14:25 PM
I suppose BT is trying to open ".\lang\BoincTasks_ENU.btlang" relative to its installation folder, or "%PROGRAMFILES%\eFMer\BoincTasks\lang\BoincTasks_ENU.btlang". I suspect some path resolution problems or something with environment variables.

It seems that the environment variables are ok:

[indians@hades wine drive c]$ wine cmd.exe
C:\>set
_=/usr/bin/wine
ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\windows\profiles\All Users
APPDATA=C:\windows\profiles\indians\Application Data
CLIENTNAME=Console
COLORTERM=gnome-terminal
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
ComSpec=C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-CRmZNX2Pff,guid=02d4a79ed26e42c590a9cb004df52864
DESKTOP_SESSION=default
DESKTOP_STARTUP_ID=
DISPLAY=:0.0
EDITOR=joe
G_BROKEN_FILENAMES=1
GDM_LANG=en_US.UTF-8
GDM_XSERVER_LOCATION=local
GDMSESSION=default
GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID=Default
GNOME_KEYRING_SOCKET=/tmp/keyring-3TfGZG/socket
GTK_RC_FILES=/etc/gtk/gtkrc:/home/indians/.gtkrc-1.2-gnome2
HISTSIZE=1000
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\windows\profiles\indians
HOSTNAME=hades.ledav.net
INPUTRC=/etc/inputrc
KDE_IS_PRELINKED=1
KDE_NO_IPV6=1
KDEDIR=/usr
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LESSOPEN=|/usr/bin/lesspipe.sh %s
LOCALAPPDATA=C:\windows\profiles\indians\Local Settings\Application Data
LOGNAME=indians
LOGONSERVER=\\hades
LS_COLORS=no=00:fi=00:di=00;34:ln=00;36:pi=40;33:so=00;35:bd=40;33;01:cd=40;33;01:or=01;05;37;41:mi=01;05;37;41:ex=00;32:*.cmd=00;32:*.exe=00;32:*.com=00;32:*.btm=00;32:*.bat=00;32:*.sh=00;32:*.csh=00;32:*.tar=00;31:*.tgz=00;31:*.arj=00;31:*.taz=00;31:*.lzh=00;31:*.zip=00;31:*.z=00;31:*.Z=00;31:*.gz=00;31:*.bz2=00;31:*.bz=00;31:*.tz=00;31:*.rpm=00;31:*.cpio=00;31:*.jpg=00;35:*.gif=00;35:*.bmp=00;35:*.xbm=00;35:*.xpm=00;35:*.png=00;35:*.tif=00;35:
MAIL=/var/spool/mail/indians
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=2
OLDPWD=/home/indians
OS=Windows_NT
PATH=C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\;C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\;C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\;C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\;C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\;C:\windows\system32;C:\windows
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0e08
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
SESSION_MANAGER=local/hades.ledav.net:/tmp/.ICE-unix/3763
SESSIONNAME=Console
SHELL=/bin/bash
SHLVL=2
SSH_AGENT_PID=3799
SSH_ASKPASS=/usr/libexec/openssh/gnome-ssh-askpass
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/ssh-nuhlpJ3763/agent.3763
SystemDrive=c:
SYSTEMROOT=C:\windows
TEMP=C:\windows\profiles\indians\Temp
TERM=xterm
TMP=C:\windows\profiles\indians\Temp
USER=indians
USERDOMAIN=hades
USERNAME=indians
USERPROFILE=C:\windows\profiles\indians
windir=C:\windows
WINDOWID=29362039
WINELOADERNOEXEC=1
winsysdir=C:\windows\system32
XAUTHORITY=/tmp/.gdmB7ASWV
XMODIFIERS=@im=none

C:\>

Quote from: Pepo on June 12, 2011, 07:14:25 PM
What should be manually set in order to enable debug logging? Maybe setting "<directory>1</directory>" in the log.xml could also be helpful?

I created a "log" directory, copied the log.xml from the example/log folder (like explained in the log.xml itself) and changed the <directory> value to 1 like you proposed, but I don't see any outputs or logfiles nowhere... Maybe it have problems to open log/log.xml also :-(

fred

Quote from: indians on June 12, 2011, 08:27:46 PM
If I trace what BT is doing with strace, I can see that the last file it is trying to open, before the fatal error, is "boinctasksLOC.dll" and it didn't find it...
That tells you something ? the "LOC" let me think it's something to do with locals (languages) so...

However, I don't find any entries concerning the file it reports to fail on (the BoincTasks_ENU.btlang). So, maybe the problem is in that missing dll... ?
I will add a debug flag to the next 1.07 version, so we can see what is going on at startup.

fred

Quote from: indians on June 12, 2011, 08:27:46 PM
Copy BoincTasks_ENU.btlang to BoincTasks_LOC.btlang
And start again

indians

Quote from: fred on June 13, 2011, 09:39:45 AM
Copy BoincTasks_ENU.btlang to BoincTasks_LOC.btlang
And start again

Good idea... However, the problem stays the same. Still failing on the ...ENU.btlang  :-[
Thx for the debug flag. Keep me posted :-)

In the meantime, can't I turn on a debugging log/ouput just by a simple command line switch like /debug or --debug ... ?
Like I said, I tried to create a "log" directory with the log.xml in it but I don't see any outputs or log files nowhere.... I don't even see that it tries to open it...   :'(

fred

Quote from: indians on June 14, 2011, 01:28:25 AM
Good idea... However, the problem stays the same. Still failing on the ...ENU.btlang  :-[
Thx for the debug flag. Keep me posted :-)

In the meantime, can't I turn on a debugging log/ouput just by a simple command line switch like /debug or --debug ... ?
Like I said, I tried to create a "log" directory with the log.xml in it but I don't see any outputs or log files nowhere.... I don't even see that it tries to open it...   :'(
There will be a debug flag in 1.07, to see what's going on.
I installed Ubuntu on an old computer, lets see if I can get BT running, my Linux is a bit rusty.

fred

BT is running on Ubuntu with Wine compatibility layer.
It seems that the locale isn't implemented, resulting in an invalid language selected. Fixed in 1.07.
But there was another crash in 1.07 that is fixed in 1.08, but it may run on your machine.

There are some small visual problems, that should be easy to fix.

indians

Quote from: fred on June 14, 2011, 08:44:05 AM
BT is running on Ubuntu with Wine compatibility layer.
It seems that the locale isn't implemented, resulting in an invalid language selected. Fixed in 1.07.
But there was another crash in 1.07 that is fixed in 1.08, but it may run on your machine.

There are some small visual problems, that should be easy to fix.

Ubuntu implements a lot of new features (recent versions) not included in most of the other linux distributions like redhat or centos  ::)
Is the locale fix already implemented in the 1.07 ready to download on your site ? Because I just tried to install it and I've the same problem :'(

Fatal error, missing file: BoincTasks_ENU.btlang
FindLangFile, locale = 0
Unable to open:

I don't know if the problem is still in BT or in the version of wine I'm using or even if it's a simple config problem... That's what I would be very happy to  know. I could then maybe find a workaround to make it work.

fred

Quote from: indians on June 15, 2011, 12:58:51 AM
I don't know if the problem is still in BT or in the version of wine I'm using or even if it's a simple config problem... That's what I would be very happy to  know. I could then maybe find a workaround to make it work.
I'm using the latest Ubuntu with the latest Wine from the Ubuntu download center.
1.07 should fix the 0 problem and takes ENU instead. I works on my Ubuntu version.  ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386

fred

A workaround:

Use regedit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eFMer\BoincTasks\settings
Make a new key (DWORD) language with value 1033
Start BT again.