Previous topic - Next topic

indians

Quote from: fred on June 15, 2011, 10:23:55 AM
A workaround:

Use regedit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eFMer\BoincTasks\settings
Make a new key (DWORD) language with value 1033
Start BT again.

Nice try... But again, same problem... Same error message.
I tried also with 4147 (1033 hex) and I've also the error message but a little bit different:

Fatal error, missing file: BoincTasks_ENU.btlang
Try installing BoincTasks again.
FindLangFile, locale = 0
Couldn't open language ID 4147, trying 1033 instead
FindLangFile, locale = 0
Unable to open:

I despair  :'(

Can you show me the environment setup on your ubuntu box ? Maybe something to check there...

indians

Hi Fred,

I finally found a workaround !  ;D

I search different values in the language key and found 1026 (bulgarian) who let me started BT.
I then changed the setup from the boinctasks preferences to English... But then, same problem when restarting BT...
I tested the system language (also english by default), same problem...
I then chose the french one and that worked.

So, in the meantime, I will use BT in french... A lot better than nothing ;-)

By the way, I needed to reinstall the 1.0.0 because the 1.0.7, like you told earlier, is crashing.
Concerning the 1.0.8, I would be happy to test it, but I don't find where to download it :-/

Thanks for all your efforts, help and patience. If I can help in some ways with linux testing or whatever, I would be happy to do it.

David.

fred

Quote from: indians on June 15, 2011, 10:19:31 PM
Hi Fred,

I finally found a workaround !  ;D

Thanks for all your efforts, help and patience. If I can help in some ways with linux testing or whatever, I would be happy to do it.
I'm still working and testing 1.08. Fixed a couple of visual problems with Wine. Strange that English isn't working, seem there is something wrong with the file.
When 1.08 is ready, you can report the bugs you find.

indians

Quote from: fred on June 16, 2011, 05:45:41 AM
I'm still working and testing 1.08. Fixed a couple of visual problems with Wine. Strange that English isn't working, seem there is something wrong with the file.
When 1.08 is ready, you can report the bugs you find.

I just installed it... For now, it works like a charm ! I switched back to English and no error message anymore  ;D
Sure I will report them, if I can help...  :) Feel free to ask if you need special testings and thanks again for your work and help.

David.