An iPad version of BT

Started by MarkJ, June 24, 2011, 12:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkJ

Yep, i'd like to run an iPad version of it  :o
Fred and I have discussed this via email and he is thinking of using the html files to be able to do this.

My take on that is it would be too slow as you'd have to get the html file onto a sever to display the page every 6 or so seconds, which would be a lot of overhead. You would also need to have a web server running to do it.

I was thinking along the lines of a stripped-down BT as the iPad isn't the fastest piece of hardware around.  :'( It would need to get ported so it could run as an iPad app. While I am not an iPad developer I might be able to find one to do the work.

fred

Quote from: MarkJ on June 24, 2011, 12:04:07 PM
Yep, i'd like to run an iPad version of it  :o
Fred and I have discussed this via email and he is thinking of using the html files to be able to do this.
My thoughts at the moment.
1) On one of the computers runs a Web Server that is connected to BT, running on a local computer.
2) On the IPad or any other mobile device, runs a program in the browser. The browser runs HTML and Java-script?
3) Requests from the user will be directed to the Web Sever that will respond by sending data back to the IPad. The HTML/Java-script program on the IPad displays the new data.

This approach is more universal and look at e.g. Facebook that is also building new IPad aps in HTML.
I think there will be nothing slow about the presentation.
A lot of work. :o