Tasks not shown in BT 1.46?

Started by rockyduck, June 23, 2013, 08:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockyduck

Hello together,

little problem here with BOINC Tasks 1.46:
running tasks are not shown anymore; where they are supposed to be displayed, it stays just blank.
Everything else is in order, messages and history constantly updating, checking the original BOINC Manager reveals that tasks are indeed running correctly.
The problem occurred when I updated to 1.46, yet downgrading to 1.44 or even 1.40 did not solve it, neither did a restart or re-installation of 1.46. I did not change anything with the preferences and also couldn't spot any irregularities there. Shame the program is of no use for me like this ... I really liked design, handling and features.  :)
System specs:
Windows 7 Home
i7-2670 QM CPU
8 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6800M

On a different machine 1.40 is running smoothly, didn't try updating, though.
Any ideas?  :(

Cheers,
rockyduck

fred

Quote from: rockyduck on June 23, 2013, 08:04:20 AM
Hello together,

little problem here with BOINC Tasks 1.46:
running tasks are not shown anymore; where they are supposed to be displayed, it stays just blank.
Go to the computers tab and see if the status is "Connected"
Click on the Tasks tab
Menu -> Extra  check if Show CPU tasks, Show GPU tasks are both checked.

rockyduck

Wow, you are fast.  :)

Did it.

Yep, yep and yep.

rockyduck

In case my last post was ambigous:
I checked what you told me to, and everything is as it should be; still, the Tasks tab stays blank.  :(

Edit: alright, solved it. The tasks appear if I actually uncheck the options "Show CPU / GPU Tasks". ::)

fred

Quote from: rockyduck on June 30, 2013, 12:48:10 PM
Edit: alright, solved it. The tasks appear if I actually uncheck the options "Show CPU / GPU Tasks". ::)
Install V 1.49 http://www.efmer.eu/boinc/boinc_tasks/download32_64.html
And check again.
If it the check is still off, try toggling it again.

rockyduck

The "workaround" above was actually done after having already updated to V 1.49. ;D

fred

Quote from: rockyduck on June 30, 2013, 04:06:37 PM
The "workaround" above was actually done after having already updated to V 1.49. ;D
I added it to my todo list for 1.51, to do some extra checking.