deadline - ??

Started by miky, May 23, 2011, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miky

I setup BT to show deadline remaining time and when it is after deadline it shows '??'. Is it possible to show something else like PASSED? Or even automatically abort WU? THX

Pepo

Quote from: miky on May 23, 2011, 08:19:27 AM
I setup BT to show deadline remaining time and when it is after deadline it shows '??'. Is it possible to show something else like PASSED?
Or back again the (negative) time, which passed since the deadline? :'(

Or even automatically abort WU?
Aborting each late task is not always necessary (I'd say "discouraging"). Pretty often the task can be returned soon enough to be credited and sometimes even prior to a replacement task being issued. Many projects tolerate late tasks' returns (especially when some task types are hard to crunch), not to speak of CPDN, which allows virtually any late task return (until an experiment is completely finished).

Rather following related rule options could be added:

• to compare deadline delta time (is innocent, could be useful to be able to automatically suspend such (maybe runaway) task for a later manual inspection), and
  • to abort a task (I think that Fred has already expressed his opinion on this, but I can not find it).
Peter

fred

I setup BT to show deadline remaining time and when it is after deadline it shows '??'. Is it possible to show something else like PASSED? Or even automatically abort WU? THX
Ok I will see what I can do. ?? means an invalid time, but some are more invalid than others. ;D