experiment???

Started by dskrbt, October 24, 2012, 04:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dskrbt

Hey, fred long time.
I was wondering i if would be possible to have a column, smack bang in between time left and deadline, that showed as ratio.
I always look at those to the most and go, ok, 1 day and a bit left, with 4 and a bit days to deadline and think, that's about a .25.
Then look at other projects with 2 days 4 hours 6 minutes 6 seconds with 17 days 13 hours 39 minutes and 49 seconds deadline, and think, ok yep whatever. Sometimes i try with a calculator and give up.  Other times i see tasks running as high priority and wonder and what ratio would be for the boinc client to schedule and process bump (.70, .80 .90).  Then there are tasks that a 1 day left with 19 hours deadline, would that be a round 1.1 ratio.   Either way it's up to you, i am just curious.

Cheers
DskRbt
Boincstats User dskrbt
Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA

fred

Quote from: dskrbt on October 24, 2012, 04:38:03 AM
Hey, fred long time.
I was wondering i if would be possible to have a column, smack bang in between time left and deadline, that showed as ratio.
If there was any correlation between time left and the deadline. ;D I don't think there is any.....
And that leave the tasks that are in the filter.
Just set a deadline warning and just hope the client can handle it.
V7 should work better and I think you only run into deadline problems with a buffer above 5 days.

fred

But I will probably add a deadline graph. Similar to the Tasks Graph.