DO NOT UNDERSTAND LOGGING MESSAGE

Started by lmee, June 14, 2011, 02:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmee

Hello,

I'm struggling to connect with two remote computers. Here are two lines from the log.

13 June 2011 - 21:58:27 Connect, password ---- Host: 192.168.123.102, ed-1,Port: 31416, scheduler request host ID doesn't match authenticator (Passwrd)
13 June 2011 - 21:58:27 Connect, password ---- Host: 192.168.123.100, ed-3,Port: 31416, scheduler request host ID doesn't match authenticator (Passwrd)

I've copied the passwords on the remote machine entering them into BoincTasks and believe them to be correct. Do these messages indicate I've made an error?

Please explain what the message are telling me and what I have to do to correct my error

Thanks,

Ed

fred

Quote from: lmee on June 14, 2011, 02:13:59 AM
13 June 2011 - 21:58:27 Connect, password ---- Host: 192.168.123.102, ed-1,Port: 31416, scheduler request host ID doesn't match authenticator (Passwrd)
13 June 2011 - 21:58:27 Connect, password ---- Host: 192.168.123.100, ed-3,Port: 31416, scheduler request host ID doesn't match authenticator (Passwrd)
This means the password is not correct.
Make sure the password file is in the correct place and you have restarted the BOINC client with the new password. And you placed the same password in the BoincTasks password field.
Check the BOINC log on ed-1, ed-3 to see if there are any warnings. There probably, are as they see BoincTasks and are rejecting it.

lmee

Fred,

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm still not getting it.

I opened the gui_rpc_auth.cfg copying the password and entering it into your software. I've been running BOINC projects via the manager that comes in the BOINC software download. Using Windows Task manager I killed the boinc.exe process on the remote computer then restarted it via the BOINC manager.

The remote computer is still not opened showing a password error.

Sorry to bother you but I need a step-by-step path to getting this to operate.

Thank you,

Ed

fred

Quote from: lmee on June 14, 2011, 12:15:16 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. I'm still not getting it.
Did you read this: http://www.efmer.eu/forum_tt/index.php?topic=109.0
In most cases you get the clue looking at the BOINC log in the remote machine. Something like refused.....

lmee

Fred,

I'm not trying to be difficult but am still confused after trying to follow the instructions on the link you suggested.

I am using static IP addresses.

Net View returns all computers on the network on both the host and remote machines.

I can ping both machines from each computer.

The remote_hosts.cfg file on the remote machine contains two lines, the IP address of the machine BOINCTASKS is running on and that machines net 'name.'

Where do i find the boinc log on the remote machine? I'm looking in \documents and settings\all users\application data\boinc. What is the name of the file I'm looking for? Do I need to run BOINC on the remote machine from the command line? Do I need to do anything special if I'm using the boinc manager on the remote machine?

From previous notes I understand that the remote machine password is not recognized.

I have copied and pasted the remote machine password into BOINCTASKS and rebooted the remote machine. I've rebooted the host machine but still get the password error message.

If I can't get this running without your help soon I promise not to bug you anymore though your software is just what I need to monitor my BOINC activity.

Thank you,

Ed

fred

Quote from: lmee on June 14, 2011, 02:46:48 PM
Fred,

I'm not trying to be difficult but am still confused after trying to follow the instructions on the link you suggested.

I am using static IP addresses.

Net View returns all computers on the network on both the host and remote machines.

I can ping both machines from each computer.

The remote_hosts.cfg file on the remote machine contains two lines, the IP address of the machine BOINCTASKS is running on and that machines net 'name.'

Where do i find the boinc log on the remote machine? I'm looking in \documents and settings\all users\application data\boinc. What is the name of the file I'm looking for? Do I need to run BOINC on the remote machine from the command line? Do I need to do anything special if I'm using the boinc manager on the remote machine?

From previous notes I understand that the remote machine password is not recognized.

I have copied and pasted the remote machine password into BOINCTASKS and rebooted the remote machine. I've rebooted the host machine but still get the password error message.

If I can't get this running without your help soon I promise not to bug you anymore though your software is just what I need to monitor my BOINC activity.

Thank you,

Ed

The Boinc log is on a tab in the BOINC Manager, or in a later version Ctrl+Shift+E Eventlog On the remote computer.....

You should see something like this:
Config: GUI RPC allowed from:   
Config:   192.168.xx.xxx
So you are sure that you have the right IP address in your file. Double check.
If you try to access the remote computer with BoincTasks and the password is incorrect, you should see a line refused or refused xx times in the same BOINC log on the remote computer.

Bugging is no problem, that gives me info to improve the manual etc.

lmee

Fred,

From ipconfig  on the host computer, ed-4, the IP address is 192.168.123.101

In the messages responses on the remote computer the following lines appear:

CONFIG: GUI RPC ALLOWED FROM
CONFIG: 192.168.123.101
CONFIG: ED-4

On the host computer I select the remote computer and see periodic update requests to the remote computer. I see no messages displayed on the remote computer message window.

Ed

fred

Quote from: lmee on June 14, 2011, 06:12:27 PM
CONFIG: GUI RPC ALLOWED FROM
CONFIG: 192.168.123.101
CONFIG: ED-4
Interesting.

When you go to the computers tab and select the menu Computer->Find Computers.
Fill in the the first address in Address: 192.168.123.1 and press Scan address range. It helps when you fill in the password.
Then press Find.
In both cases do you see any computer?

I don't want to sell anything else, but it helps to install TThrottle for a while on one remote computer, if it's Windows that is.
TThrottle helps to ID the computer in the find menu and it's less restrictive.

lmee

Fred,

"When you go to the computers tab and select the menu Computer->Find Computers.
Fill in the the first address in Address: 192.168.123.1 and press Scan address range. It helps when you fill in the password.
Then press Find.
In both cases do you see any computer?"

After entering the password the search was successful and the remote computer was recognized and connected.

Why, I wish I could provide you additional information.

Ed

fred

Quote from: lmee on June 14, 2011, 09:16:11 PM
After entering the password the search was successful and the remote computer was recognized and connected.
As it should.
In the computers tab select the computes one by one except the localhost and choose Computer->Remove computer.
Until all computers are gone from the list except the localhost.
Go the computer find dialog, give a password and find as before.
Select the computers and press Add selected.
Now the computers should be in the computer list again.
Select the Tasks tab to let the changes take effect.

fred

Quote from: lmee on June 14, 2011, 09:16:11 PM
Why, I wish I could provide you additional information.
Go to Extra->BoincTasks settings. On the Expert tab make sure you have "60 = Reconnect every xx seconds."

You could enable the connection logging.
Go to C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\examples\log
Copy the log.xml file to a temp folder. (You can't safe a file in a program files folder)
Make sure you open this file in notepad.exe, NOT a text editor.

Set a 1 (active) on:
      <search_computers>   1   </search_computers>
      <connecting>         1   </connecting>

Make sure you change all others to 0 especially the <heap_check>.
Save the file.
Copy the file withe the explorer to: C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\log
You will probably have to create the log folder.
Restart BT and this should give some more info in the log. In BoincTasks Show->Log.

Let BT run for a minute or 5 and mail me the log: b#o#i#n#c#at#efmer.eu (without the # and at = @)

lmee

Fred,

I will follow the procedure you posted and return the information over the weekend.

Thank you,

Ed

fred

Quote from: lmee on June 16, 2011, 01:51:49 PM
I will follow the procedure you posted and return the information over the weekend.
18 June 2011 - 18:24:59 Connect ---- Connected to: Host: 192.168.123.102, ed-1, Port: 31416, BOINC Version: 6.10.60
18 June 2011 - 18:24:59 Connect ---- Connected to: Host: localhost, ed-4, Port: 31416, BOINC Version: 6.12.26
18 June 2011 - 18:24:59 Connect ---- Connected to: Host: 192.168.123.100, ed-3, Port: 31416, BOINC Version: 6.10.56

The connection seems to be perfect, so there is no logging, because there is nothing wrong with the connection.