History: Right click menu, show only selected project/app.

Started by Pepo, May 28, 2010, 11:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

• In History, while it is possible to get finished tasks belonging to a particular project together using the sorting, it is necessary to break existing sorting and fix it afterwards. A functionality similar to "Messages: - Right click menu, show only selected project" would be useful.
  • For existing implementation in Messages: What will happen if the number of projects will exceed the number of lines, which will fit on-screen in the selection popup menu? Will the list be scrollable? If not (and anyway, for user-friendliness, because it is a context menu and it is necessary to look for the current line's project name somewhere deep down in the list), It'd be good to have one more entry between [ All ] and the [ List of projecs ], which would be named like [ Selected project ], meaning "Show only this project". Or directly the selected line's project name, sorted into the list's beginning. Maybe add one more separation line under it?
  • For History, in addition to "Show only this project", also a "Show only this application" entry. (A list of applications would be probably overkill, although I do remember BoincView was doing it this way.)

Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on May 28, 2010, 11:47:46 AM

• In History, while it is possible to get finished tasks belonging to a particular project together using the sorting, it is necessary to break existing sorting and fix it afterwards. A functionality similar to "Messages: - Right click menu, show only selected project" would be useful.
  • For existing implementation in Messages: What will happen if the number of projects will exceed the number of lines, which will fit on-screen in the selection popup menu? Will the list be scrollable? If not (and anyway, for user-friendliness, because it is a context menu and it is necessary to look for the current line's project name somewhere deep down in the list), It'd be good to have one more entry between [ All ] and the [ List of projecs ], which would be named like [ Selected project ], meaning "Show only this project". Or directly the selected line's project name, sorted into the list's beginning. Maybe add one more separation line under it?
  • For History, in addition to "Show only this project", also a "Show only this application" entry. (A list of applications would be probably overkill, although I do remember BoincView was doing it this way.)
First sort on Computer, second on project and on .....
On the bottom of the todo list are a lot of history requests.

I have no idea what will happen, when the list gets too long. ::) If there is someone with that problem....
But I don't think this is a function that will be used quite frequently... If there are users that use this a lot, let me know.
There is already a break line between All and the list.