Stopping tasks

Started by jave200372, November 02, 2009, 09:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jave200372

- Rebooting the BOINC client and/or stopping the projects.

This would be nice.  At the moment I'm suspending tasks in case I need to use the CPU for something else.  :)  When I'm done, I resume the tasks.  No big deal I suppose.

fred

Quote from: jave200372 on November 02, 2009, 09:02:59 AM
- Rebooting the BOINC client and/or stopping the projects.

This would be nice.  At the moment I'm suspending tasks in case I need to use the CPU for something else.  :)  When I'm done, I resume the tasks.  No big deal I suppose.
In 0.27 there will be a stop BOINC client in the File menu. File -> Close BOINC client.
And a Start BOINC client to start it again without leaving BoincTasks.

Walt V

Fred,
Does this mean I can stop loading the Boinc Manager on startup for all my machines, and use Boinc Tasks to control the core client?

Walt

fred

Quote from: Walt V on November 09, 2009, 01:46:05 AM
Fred,
Does this mean I can stop loading the Boinc Manager on startup for all my machines, and use Boinc Tasks to control the core client?

Walt
That should work right now. Extra-Settings->Start BOINC client at login/startup.
When BoincTasks starts it checks if the client is already running, if not it starts the client. Something like BOINC Manager does.
It is tested on a couple of computers, but I got no reports in, if this actually works on other computers.
The only thing you can't do right now is stopping the client using BoincTasks.