Wish: Report error when account manager fails to connect (synchronize)

Started by JStateson, May 14, 2011, 07:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JStateson

Occassionally one of my systems gets the xml account file corrupted.  This is very rare.  When it happens there is no indication of any error from boinctasks.  Normally the message log (called event log in BM) shows the connection to the account manager (BAM! for me) was made.  When making a synchronization using Boinc Manager, a failure to connect pops up the username / password dialog box and a message in the event log shows "wrong password or username" or something to that effect.

When doing this synchronization from BoincTasks, no message shows up when the connection fails.  I only see a message if the connection succeeds and I have to view messages on each system to confirm the synchronization succeeded.

I can always go to boinc tasks to check the date and time of the last connection.  Obviously, if the last connect has been a long time, there is probably something wrong.  AFAICT there is no mechanism at BoincStats (BAM! account manager) to notify me if a system fails to synchronize after x amount of time.

fred

Quote from: BeemerBiker on May 14, 2011, 07:21:00 PM
Occassionally one of my systems gets the xml account file corrupted.  This is very rare.
Is on the list.

fred

Now show up in Notices as a message from BOINC: Message from account manager: connect() failed