History & Messages

Started by John C, June 18, 2010, 04:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John C

Shouldn't the "messages" roll off after some period of time?  Once you get a dozen machines connected, I have to believe all of that stuff adds up and it clearly isn't following the config for history.  I'd have a separate config on the history tab asking how long to keep messages.  Default in my mind would be two days.

Also, even one day of history is too much for me and since it is a drop down, I can't include fractional values.  Should that start with a couple of entries such as 1 hour, 4 hours, 12 hours, before counting up numbers of days?

fred

Quote from: John C on June 18, 2010, 04:09:59 PM
Shouldn't the "messages" roll off after some period of time?  Once you get a dozen machines connected, I have to believe all of that stuff adds up and it clearly isn't following the config for history.  I'd have a separate config on the history tab asking how long to keep messages.  Default in my mind would be two days.

Also, even one day of history is too much for me and since it is a drop down, I can't include fractional values.  Should that start with a couple of entries such as 1 hour, 4 hours, 12 hours, before counting up numbers of days?
I'm planning to add 1-23 hours to the history settings. For users like me with large amounts of WU on there computer.
At the moment the messages stay as long as the computer is connected and BT is running. The memory load in almost zero as is the CPU load.  ;D We are taking about 60 byte / line. So even 10000 lines is "only" 600K = 0.6Meg.
I never got beyond that number myself.