rule creation ???

Started by dskrbt, June 15, 2011, 01:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dskrbt

i like to crunch mostly be pushing "science" from the bottom up (give projects that i have the lowest value in) taking into account cpu projects vs gpu projects. I was wondering if it is even possible to create a rule that looks at my credit for each of the projects, finds the lowest and allows new work for that one. i would probably need have to be able to give a number value to work above or below for credit. example i am currently pushing only Einstein with gpu as it was the lowest of the gpu crunching. While pushing CAS and Enigma with cpu, as they are the lowest and have work available goldbachs is crunching nothing but uppcase, and is suspended while quantum is offline. so the low value would be 0 while the high value would be around 4000-5000. If it is possible (in theory) then i will try to make one myself, if it's not then......... I will just have to keep manually swapping projects by hand.
Cheers
DskRbt
Boincstats User dskrbt
Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA

fred

Quote from: dskrbt on June 15, 2011, 01:21:05 PM
I was wondering if it is even possible to create a rule that looks at my credit for each of the projects
I don't think it can be done, it's about what the current share % should do.
There are so many thing to take into account, like deadlines.
You could tinker with the debt of projects... But I know the whole debt system will be changed when they find a better way.

dskrbt

thanks fred for the info, was maybe some wishfull thinking on my part, but was worth asking at least.
cheers 
DskRbt
Boincstats User dskrbt
Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA

thebestjaspreet

Quote from: fred on June 15, 2011, 03:50:36 PM
Quote from: dskrbt on June 15, 2011, 01:21:05 PM
I was wondering if it is even possible to create a rule that looks at my credit for each of the projects
I don't think it can be done, it's about what the current share % should do.
There are so many thing to take into account, like deadlines.
You could tinker with the debt of projects... But I know the whole debt system will be changed when they find a better way.
Hi Fred
How can I change the debt in boinc tasks for the projects ?
"I always win law permanently"

fred

Quote from: thebestjaspreet on June 27, 2011, 11:58:51 AM
How can I change the debt in boinc tasks for the projects ?
Select the Projects tab.
Select the computer/project.
Menu: Projects->Set Debt. This will show the debt dialog.