Record of finished WU

Started by Corsair, November 20, 2009, 12:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

Hi Fred,

some way of saving the completed WU per daily basis (e.g.) all computers together and not being deleted after xx days, kept in history in the desired folder, to do with then later .....

and instead of delete after xx days, just exchange for show xx days.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on November 20, 2009, 12:42:04 PM
Hi Fred,

some way of saving the completed WU per daily basis (e.g.) all computers together and not being deleted after xx days, kept in history in the desired folder, to do with then later .....

and instead of delete after xx days, just exchange for show xx days.
Why would you keep a record for more than 30 days?
Some computers complete > 1000 WU a day so the history log becomes quite large.

fred

What do you think about this one.

What I want to do is add an option.
1) after xx days remove.
2) after xx days filter.

2) The filter combines all the tasks from a particular application/version into one line.  This is done per day.
So you get one one line / per day / per application/version

Corsair

could be a good idea,

but I'm saying that because the case you're away some time and you'd like to know if your
computers had been crunching properly, if you have not these records you could not see
anything plus if somebody want to do something else with these record, very good.

for that reason I said only one file for the finished WU in a daily basis, some kind of name
like BT_Log_ddmmyyyy.log.

and now in the program itself say xx days to show, I usually have only 1 day, but when
I come from work (3 to 4 months  :'() I use to watch just only to the log directory if is there
one for every day out and that they had a normal size, this means that there are some
WU done written in logs.

and for the works of the last 7 days I use to exchange from 1 day to 7 and after a quick
view again to 1 day.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.