Update project(s), History size, use keyboard to select task(s), some bugs

Started by Pepo, November 26, 2009, 03:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

• I know that update projects with tasks ready to report functionality was requested in the past and is already in the ToDo list. I just wanted to add that the Update project(s) right-click context menu entry could be equivelently available not just in the Tasks window, but also in the History window.
  • History size could get few additional options to keep results for more than 30 days, possibly also a Forever option?
  • There is an "Extra / Update all projects" menu entry. I think that such operation is not that common in projects' micromanagment ;D Because I can relatively simply switch to the Projects window, select all available projects with left-mouseclick to top + Shift-left-mouseclick to bottom + right-mouseclick Update.
    Possibly a menu entry to "Report all finished" tasks a.k.a. "Update all projects with tasks in Ready to report state" would be much more useful?
  • It is currently not possible to move the (project or task) line selection up/down with cursor keys, to resize the lines' selection with Shift+cursor keys (this all is already functional in the Messages window), or to select all lines with Ctrl+A or some equivalent (like Home + Shift+End keys, which works in Messages).
    Nevertheless, moving the "current" line is somehow supported in these window, because if the window height is smaller then the number of projects or tasks, the list is being scrolled by Up/Down cursor keys or PgUp/PgDown as if some invisible imaginary line would be moving them.
  • In the Projects window, it is not possible to select an arbitrary
    list of projects by e.g. left-mouseclick to third + Shift-left-mouseclick to seventh - you can just select first-to-last. Ctrl+click is working correctly

Sorry for reporting also bugs in the wish list, I felt this belonged together.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 26, 2009, 03:53:43 PM

• I know that update projects with tasks ready to report functionality was requested in the past and is already in the ToDo list. I just wanted to add that the Update project(s) right-click context menu entry could be equivelently available not just in the Tasks window, but also in the History window.
  • History size could get few additional options to keep results for more than 30 days, possibly also a Forever option?
  • There is an "Extra / Update all projects" menu entry. I think that such operation is not that common in projects' micromanagment ;D Because I can relatively simply switch to the Projects window, select all available projects with left-mouseclick to top + Shift-left-mouseclick to bottom + right-mouseclick Update.
    Possibly a menu entry to "Report all finished" tasks a.k.a. "Update all projects with tasks in Ready to report state" would be much more useful?
  • It is currently not possible to move the (project or task) line selection up/down with cursor keys, to resize the lines' selection with Shift+cursor keys (this all is already functional in the Messages window), or to select all lines with Ctrl+A or some equivalent (like Home + Shift+End keys, which works in Messages).
    Nevertheless, moving the "current" line is somehow supported in these window, because if the window height is smaller then the number of projects or tasks, the list is being scrolled by Up/Down cursor keys or PgUp/PgDown as if some invisible imaginary line would be moving them.
  • In the Projects window, it is not possible to select an arbitrary
    list of projects by e.g. left-mouseclick to third + Shift-left-mouseclick to seventh - you can just select first-to-last. Ctrl+click is working correctly

Sorry for reporting also bugs in the wish list, I felt this belonged together.
I'm not yet quite sure what to do with the history entries, some users have 1 a day others 1000+ added to the history. But I think of something.
I will probably move all the delete entries to another list.

I added most of it to the wish list. The message view is totally linear, but all the others are sorted list, so they can change at any moment. The selection is locked on a specific name and will follow it. But I will see what can be done.