BT 0.66

Started by jjwhalen, July 22, 2010, 12:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjwhalen

Thanks for the Task Properties and the expanded Project Properties.  Both appear to be working correctly on my Vista_64 & Vista_32 platforms 8)

glennaxl

History: Missed Cuda device number

With 2 or 3 Cuda device rigs, sometimes it misses to report which device processed it in history tab.

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on July 23, 2010, 10:50:26 PM
History: Missed Cuda device number

With 2 or 3 Cuda device rigs, sometimes it misses to report which device processed it in history tab.

I will check if this is a bug or a miss.
When the task goes into upload the device info is lost in the BOINC client. As it's no longer running on a device.

glennaxl

Project Properties: textarea is not focus by default thus resulting the mouse scroll not to scroll. Have to click the textarea to make it scroll.

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on July 25, 2010, 03:39:56 AM
Project Properties: textarea is not focus by default thus resulting the mouse scroll not to scroll. Have to click the textarea to make it scroll.
Done V 0.67, you do know that you can select more than one task or project for the properties.

glennaxl

Quote from: fred on July 25, 2010, 02:21:58 PM
Quote from: glennaxl on July 25, 2010, 03:39:56 AM
Done V 0.67, you do know that you can select more than one task or project for the properties.
Yes, and its a nice feature.

Pepo

Quote from: glennaxl on July 25, 2010, 06:11:28 PM
you do know that you can select more than one task or project for the properties.
I do too and wish that these summarized properties would contain one more initial "chapter" containing something like "all that could be summarized on selected n tasks", like:
Est. time remaining: t1+t2+t3+...+tn (without having divided it by resources?),
Earliest deadline: de,
Virt. mem. size: v1+v2+v3+...+vn,
Work. set size: w1+w2+w3+...+wn.

Something similar for Projects tab:
Resource shares (like 7 selected projects out of 20: r.s. 50, 120, 70, 90, 60, 30, 5 -> 425 / 1520),
These projects disk usage,
(maybe some would like to see sumed credits?)

And if properties will get implemented for Transfers tab, then sums of data to be uploaded / downloaded.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on July 27, 2010, 08:36:39 AM
Quote from: glennaxl on July 25, 2010, 06:11:28 PM
you do know that you can select more than one task or project for the properties.
I do too and wish that these summarized properties would contain one more initial "chapter" containing something like "all that could be summarized on selected n tasks", like:
Est. time remaining: t1+t2+t3+...+tn (without having divided it by resources?),
Earliest deadline: de,
Virt. mem. size: v1+v2+v3+...+vn,
Work. set size: w1+w2+w3+...+wn.

Something similar for Projects tab:
Resource shares (like 7 selected projects out of 20: r.s. 50, 120, 70, 90, 60, 30, 5 -> 425 / 1520),
These projects disk usage,
(maybe some would like to see sumed credits?)

And if properties will get implemented for Transfers tab, then sums of data to be uploaded / downloaded.
Noted

jjwhalen

Fred,

I had a fortuitous (in the sense of 'random') BT hang--first time I've seen that happen in months :o  Nothing much going on, just routine system stuff.  I did have a Radmin remote desktop open to another machine, but I do that all the time.  I checked all connected BOINC clients locally--no problems there.  The host is my usual Vista_64 SP2 laptop.  No security updates this week from Windows Update (which is unusual).  At my house, the usual cause of an (apparent) BT hang is Kaspersky Internet Security on one machine or other locking out a new project .exe release with a high danger index--but that wasn't the case here either.

It wouldn't respond to the Exit command, I had to kill it via Process Explorer, which caused BT to throw an unhandled exception.  I have a .dmp file but don't know if it will be much help since the u/e was caused by external intervention.  Windows appeared stable otherwise.  BT restarted readily and seems to be running fine 8)

Do you have an upload path (FTP or HTML) for the .dmp file, or shall I try to email a 38MB .zip enclosure ??? :-\

EDIT--Forgot to mention: I'd just finished upgrading the GPU in a remote host (GTS 250 -> GTX 465SC), but can't see why BT would either know or care enough about that to hang--probably just coincidence.

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on July 28, 2010, 10:59:49 PM
Fred,

I had a fortuitous (in the sense of 'random') BT hang--first time I've seen that happen in months :o  Nothing much going on, just routine system stuff.  I did have a Radmin remote desktop open to another machine, but I do that all the time.  I checked all connected BOINC clients locally--no problems there.  The host is my usual Vista_64 SP2 laptop.  No security updates this week from Windows Update (which is unusual).  At my house, the usual cause of an (apparent) BT hang is Kaspersky Internet Security on one machine or other locking out a new project .exe release with a high danger index--but that wasn't the case here either.

It wouldn't respond to the Exit command, I had to kill it via Process Explorer, which caused BT to throw an unhandled exception.  I have a .dmp file but don't know if it will be much help since the u/e was caused by external intervention.  Windows appeared stable otherwise.  BT restarted readily and seems to be running fine 8)

Do you have an upload path (FTP or HTML) for the .dmp file, or shall I try to email a 38MB .zip enclosure ??? :-\

EDIT--Forgot to mention: I'd just finished upgrading the GPU in a remote host (GTS 250 -> GTX 465SC), but can't see why BT would either know or care enough about that to hang--probably just coincidence.
I send you a ftp access. You can use it for anything board related. It may be shared by others on the board.

jjwhalen

Quote from: fred on July 29, 2010, 06:06:27 AM

I send you a ftp access. You can use it for anything board related. It may be shared by others on the board.

I tried unsuccessfully several times to log onto that ftp site using the parameters you gave.  Maybe it doesn't like my ftp client ???

Also, I would've PM'd this, but the forum is telling me "An Error Has Occurred!  You are not allowed to send personal messages.:(

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on July 30, 2010, 08:20:31 PM
Quote from: fred on July 29, 2010, 06:06:27 AM

I tried unsuccessfully several times to log onto that ftp site using the parameters you gave.  Maybe it doesn't like my ftp client ???

Also, I would've PM'd this, but the forum is telling me "An Error Has Occurred!  You are not allowed to send personal messages.:(
The PM  ??? I don't know what is going on, I had to set it to off as default, but is should be on for posted members.
The problem is with spammers and others who use this site as a dating service? I get 10-20 spammers a day...
Waiting for version 2 of the board software, that hopefully makes this somewhat easier.
I use Filezilla, the site uses high security settings and some ftp clients are not handling that too well.

jjwhalen

Quote from: fred on July 31, 2010, 08:37:05 AM
The PM  ??? I don't know what is going on, I had to set it to off as default, but is should be on for posted members.
The problem is with spammers and others who use this site as a dating service? I get 10-20 spammers a day...
Waiting for version 2 of the board software, that hopefully makes this somewhat easier.
I use Filezilla, the site uses high security settings and some ftp clients are not handling that too well.

Yeah I read the board rules:
QuoteUsers with more than 4 post should be able to send ulimited messages.
and last I checked, 124>4. But, oh well; I notice you said should not will be able :D

I haven't had a repeat of that hang so far, either with .66 or .67, so fingers crossed ::)

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on July 31, 2010, 09:50:09 AM
Quote from: fred on July 31, 2010, 08:37:05 AM
The PM  ??? I don't know what is going on, I had to set it to off as default, but is should be on for posted members.

and last I checked, 124>4. But, oh well; I notice you said should not will be able :D

I haven't had a repeat of that hang so far, either with .66 or .67, so fingers crossed ::)
0.67 should correct automatically on a hang or a crash, probably without you ever seeing it happen. ;D

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on July 31, 2010, 09:50:09 AM
I will give active members a separate group. It may take a while before I have updated everybody.