BT 0.83

Started by jjwhalen, October 24, 2010, 06:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

Quote from: fred on October 29, 2010, 05:36:05 AM
Quote from: Pepo on October 28, 2010, 08:17:46 PM
Hold on, why? The checkpoint value is fine and necessary, the highlighting of any waiting task is wrong (and wishing to be corrected).
Meaning when the filter is on a checkpoint value is not very meaningful as it is a checkpoint from some WU.
Removing the filter shows the checkpoints.
Ah, got it. Sure, when multiple waiting tasks are filtered together into a single line, then it is questionable, whether to simply hide the time since the last checkpoint, or (similar to meaningfully showing the soonest deadline (as a worst-case) from a group of filtered tasks) to equally meaningfully show the highest time since the last checkpoint (as a worst-case) from a group of filtered tasks.

In my case there were always single tasks of a project, so no grouping happened. Thus there was/is nothing to hide. Just the incorrect highlighting, which happened prior to exceeding the threshold time for a warning.

BTW if such worst-case checkpointing time would be shown for a filtered group of tasks, then it could be highlighted according to the same threshold time like when a task is running.
Peter

Pepo

Quote from: fred on October 29, 2010, 06:45:31 AM
Quote from: fred on October 29, 2010, 05:36:05 AM
Meaning when the filter is on a checkpoint value is not very meaningful as it is a checkpoint from some WU.
Removing the filter shows the checkpoints.
Oops I see that this is already taken care of.
Can you give me a screen shot of the problem.

Maybe this screenshot is not an excellent example because of the time over 6 minutes (I've simply paused and resumed the two tasks), but tasks with just a few seconds are equally highlighted (but a zero time seems to be not highlighted).

After disabling the filtering of waiting tasks, the (wrong) warnings vanish, but the correct (for AQUA and DNETC) stays.
Peter

Beyond

Quote from: fred on October 28, 2010, 05:37:24 PM
Quote from: Beyond on October 28, 2010, 05:04:08 PM
Quote from: fred on October 28, 2010, 10:31:35 AM
MW doesn't checkpoint much. I see the GPU version not checkpointing at all. Or not reporting it.
Correct, the MW app for GPU does not checkpoint.  For newer GPUs the WUs are so short it's not an issue.  Not sure about the CPU version as I wouldn't think of running it.
The GPU doesn't checkpoint but does store the results, so it resumes after a suspend.
On all my machines the GPU WUs start over from the beginning after a suspend.

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on October 29, 2010, 07:50:16 AM
[...] tasks with just a few seconds are equally highlighted (but a zero time seems to be not highlighted).
Not exactly. I just can see an AQUA task with highlighted "00:00:00" checkpoint time. Thus, correctly said, "it depends" or "a zero time seems to be sometimes highlighted too". Fred would have to find out "from what it depends" 8)
Peter