Work unit control

Started by JeffL-NH, May 14, 2011, 04:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffL-NH

I'm running V1.0 - I have noticed that if I don't mark the task name to display under settings/tasks, I have no control over them through the GUI (for instance, to abort a task). I can go through all the dialogs to perform the task on the WU, it just doesn't happen. Additionally, if I right click on the task in the GUI and choose properties, the dialog appears, but is blank. When I INCLUDE the WU name, it all seems to work ok.

Can anyone else verify this?

fred

Quote from: JeffL-NH on May 14, 2011, 04:34:58 PM
I'm running V1.0 - I have noticed that if I don't mark the task name to display under settings/tasks, I have no control over them through the GUI (for instance, to abort a task). I can go through all the dialogs to perform the task on the WU, it just doesn't happen. Additionally, if I right click on the task in the GUI and choose properties, the dialog appears, but is blank. When I INCLUDE the WU name, it all seems to work ok.

What do you mean by "INCLUDE the WU name". Remove the column from the Tasks display?
When you do so some functions like abort will no longer function, as they need to know the WU name.

JeffL-NH

Quote from: fred on May 16, 2011, 09:56:34 AM
Quote from: JeffL-NH on May 14, 2011, 04:34:58 PM

What do you mean by "INCLUDE the WU name". Remove the column from the Tasks display?
When you do so some functions like abort will no longer function, as they need to know the WU name.

Yes, the column (sorry for the delay in replying)

fred

Quote from: JeffL-NH on July 29, 2011, 08:15:19 PM
Yes, the column (sorry for the delay in replying)
A bit too cryptic. Does this mean the problem is solved?

JeffL-NH

I'm sorry.

Yes, if I remove the WU Name column, then actions like abort task won't run.

It looks like you already answered this with "When you do so some functions like abort will no longer function, as they need to know the WU name." So if I remove the wu name column some WU functions won't run, which means there are columns that cannot be removed or else the WU functions will be compromised?

just trying to understand...

fred

Quote from: JeffL-NH on August 03, 2011, 07:30:50 PM
Yes, if I remove the WU Name column, then actions like abort task won't run.
just trying to understand...
What you can do is adjust the width of the column, make it 0. This will get you the same result, but working.

JeffL-NH

Ah! I knew there'd be a simple solution to this one! Sorry I didn't see it!

Thanks!