Logic problem with deadline time in rules.

Started by idahofisherman, April 11, 2014, 08:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idahofisherman

Rule(s) ---- Active: 1
11 April 2014 - 13:47:08 Rule: Negative Deadline  ---- , , ,  | Deadline < 00d,00:00:00
11 April 2014 - 13:47:08 ============================================================================== ----
11 April 2014 - 13:48:08 Rule: Negative Deadline  ---- Activated: OK, Project: Quake-Catcher Network, OFFICE, Suspend task

Deadline time for Quake Cather was 13d,23:23:07.  Why is it less than 00d,00:00:00?

The same thing happens if you use a minus deadline time.

fred

Quote from: idahofisherman on April 11, 2014, 08:10:52 PM
The same thing happens if you use a minus deadline time.
Please show me the rule.

idahofisherman

Fred

sent  you a private message as I was unable to copy and    paste into the forum.

Deadline < 00d,00:00:00 Suspend Task.

fred

I never tested it with 0.
Normally it should never be true.
I will put it on the test list.
But why use 0 at all

idahofisherman

What I am trying to do is abort any task that the deadline goes negative.  The first step is to suspend it so that I can     make some kind of judgement as to what the   cut    off should be.   

The same thing happens if I use -1d,00:00:00.  It seems to not compare correctly as  if I use the negative 1 day if suspends all task that are running.

From my math days a -2d is less than -1day.  Isn't that correct?

fred

Quote from: idahofisherman on April 12, 2014, 05:07:59 AM
We talking about time, there shouldn't be any negative time.
Deadline should always be positive....
Do you get a negative Deadline???

What happens with Time Left.

idahofisherman

Quote from: fred on April 12, 2014, 11:18:24 PM
Quote from: idahofisherman on April 12, 2014, 05:07:59 AM
We talking about time, there shouldn't be any negative time.
Deadline should always be positive....
Do you get a negative Deadline???

What happens with Time Left.

Yes I get negative deadlines especially   with quake-catcher Network.  I get them when ever the time left is larger than the deadline and the task is not completed.   The time left increases and the deadline goes to zero and then negative.

It seems to have bad estimates in the properties for gigaflops per sec and total gigaflops.  As well as the recieve date and time and the deadline date and  time.

Since the time left is adjusted up or down, the deadline time is only adjusted down.

fred

Quote from: idahofisherman on April 13, 2014, 12:22:27 AM
Yes I get negative deadlines especially   with quake-catcher Network.  I get them when ever the time left is larger than the deadline and the task is not completed.   The time left increases and the deadline goes to zero and then negative.
Right now I don't have the time to check it, in a couple of weeks I do have time, it's on my to do list.

idahofisherman

Astroids and pogs also go negative.

fred

Quote from: idahofisherman on April 19, 2014, 09:37:02 PM
Astroids and pogs also go negative.
OK I will check it out, probably have time in the the not too distant future. :o

fred

Can you give me a copy of the task that shows a negative deadline.

Fred   Asteroids@home   102.10 Period Search Application (sse2)   ps_140415_112661_4_1   - (-)   0.00   0.000   02:43:54   5/6/2014 12:26:59 AM      Ready to start         

idahofisherman

fred

idahofisherman

The negative thing shows up in boinctasks tasks tab under deadline.  sent email with it attached with a red arrow showing the negative deadline as well as the properties for the wU involved.

fred

Quote from: idahofisherman on April 26, 2014, 10:46:39 PM
The negative thing shows up in boinctasks tasks tab under deadline.  sent email with it attached with a red arrow showing the negative deadline as well as the properties for the wU involved.
OK now I get it finally. :-X