Rule to "rotate" projects

Started by kret, December 17, 2011, 11:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kret

Hello :)

Is it possible to create a rule that will suspend/run project based on total credit amount, time they have been used/unused or RAC (that probably is not a good idea since this number varies from project to project)? I would like to automate how projects are switched because I tend to forget about doing this ;)

ps. I totally love BoincTasks! :)

fred

Quote from: kret on December 17, 2011, 11:43:57 AM
Hello :)

Is it possible to create a rule that will suspend/run project based on total credit amount, time they have been used/unused or RAC (that probably is not a good idea since this number varies from project to project)? I would like to automate how projects are switched because I tend to forget about doing this ;)

ps. I totally love BoincTasks! :)
No.
The purpose of BOINC is to do this automatically, the amount of work depends on the share % (Project tab).
This value is set to 100 as default, when you change this on the project website to a higher number, this project gets more work and thus more credits that others.

kret

Quote from: fred on December 17, 2011, 01:51:10 PM
No.
The purpose of BOINC is to do this automatically, the amount of work depends on the share % (Project tab).
This value is set to 100 as default, when you change this on the project website to a higher number, this project gets more work and thus more credits that others.
not intending to be rude or something..but you're wrong, or at least did not understand my intentions/I explained not throughly enough..I never keep all the projects in "accept for work state", because it's not efficient..contacting server for work increases debt, and makes getting too much tasks sometimes..that produces low rac across projects and is just inefficient :) that's why I was looking for a way to automate things I do manually at the moment

fred

Quote from: kret on December 17, 2011, 04:09:04 PM
not intending to be rude or something..but you're wrong, or at least did not understand my intentions/I explained not throughly enough..I never keep all the projects in "accept for work state", because it's not efficient..contacting server for work increases debt, and makes getting too much tasks sometimes..that produces low rac across projects and is just inefficient :) that's why I was looking for a way to automate things I do manually at the moment
The upcoming BOINC V7 uses a completely new system to distribute tasks, no more debt. Let's see how that works out.
This system may work better or worse.

kret

yeah! I'm also looking forward to that!

thanks for taking time to answer! :)