May I suggest - Rule Suggestions

Started by tlsi2000, July 12, 2010, 07:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlsi2000

Some things that may make sense to enhance the project:
(meant ONLY as constructive suggestions)

Rule Suggestions

(1) an option to trap items from the message log, probably as a simple text match or as complicated as a REGEX -- as I do get errors that show up in the message log and nowhere else (like 'Re-setting  task...') and this would let me see them when they occur instead of just happening to find them when something seems odd
    (2) an option that un-sets the 'rule' color when the condition becomes 'normal' (when the rule trigger condition no longer applies); -- this may be really out of line as a suggestion
    (3) Rule Edit -- a double-click to do an edit of an existing rule

fred

Quote from: tlsi2000 on July 12, 2010, 07:48:10 PM
Some things that may make sense to enhance the project:
(meant ONLY as constructive suggestions)

Rule Suggestions

(1) an option to trap items from the message log, probably as a simple text match or as complicated as a REGEX -- as I do get errors that show up in the message log and nowhere else (like 'Re-setting  task...') and this would let me see them when they occur instead of just happening to find them when something seems odd
    (2) an option that un-sets the 'rule' color when the condition becomes 'normal' (when the rule trigger condition no longer applies); -- this may be really out of line as a suggestion
    (3) Rule Edit -- a double-click to do an edit of an existing rule
1) Interesting, I add it to the list, lets see what I can do.
2) A rule should reset itself when it's no longer active, it may take half a minute or so.
3) Added to the list