Filter messages

Started by jjwhalen, April 23, 2010, 12:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjwhalen

I haven't asked for a new feature in awhile, so:

It would be helpful to be able to do a quick filter of Messages by project, similar to "Show only this project" in BOINCMgr.  It would be easy to go overboard with filtering Messages by various criteria, but I think this simple one would be very helpful.  As an example, I often like to check my CPDN tasks to see when the last trickle-up report was sent.  This tends to get lost among the Messages on a quad/GPU host with 10~15 tasks either Running or Waiting--especially if I have any debug logging switches turned on ;)

Prioritize this however you see fit.

Best wishes.

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on April 23, 2010, 12:08:56 AM

It would be helpful to be able to do a quick filter of Messages by project, similar to "Show only this project" in BOINCMgr.  It would be easy to go overboard with filtering Messages by various criteria, but I think this simple one would be very helpful.  As an example, I often like to check my CPDN tasks to see when the last trickle-up report was sent.  This tends to get lost among the Messages on a quad/GPU host with 10~15 tasks either Running or Waiting--especially if I have any debug logging switches turned on ;)

Best wishes.
Done, but my priorities are not always that logical. ;D Sometimes I pick an easy one along.

jjwhalen

Quote from: fred on April 26, 2010, 07:37:36 PM

It would be helpful to be able to do a quick filter of Messages by project, similar to "Show only this project" in BOINCMgr.  It would be easy to go overboard with filtering Messages by various criteria, but I think this simple one would be very helpful.  As an example, I often like to check my CPDN tasks to see when the last trickle-up report was sent.  This tends to get lost among the Messages on a quad/GPU host with 10~15 tasks either Running or Waiting--especially if I have any debug logging switches turned on ;)

Best wishes.
Done, but my priorities are not always that logical. ;D Sometimes I pick an easy one along.

Thanks, but I notice that your ToDo list entry has this under Tasks, not Messages:
Quote- Add: Tasks: Filter on project: http://www.efmer.eu/forum_tt/index.php?topic=359.0
Oops ::)

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on April 27, 2010, 07:25:39 AM
Quote from: fred on April 26, 2010, 07:37:36 PM

It would be helpful to be able to do a quick filter of Messages by project, similar to "Show only this project" in BOINCMgr.  It would be easy to go overboard with filtering Messages by various criteria, but I think this simple one would be very helpful.  As an example, I often like to check my CPDN tasks to see when the last trickle-up report was sent.  This tends to get lost among the Messages on a quad/GPU host with 10~15 tasks either Running or Waiting--especially if I have any debug logging switches turned on ;)

Best wishes.

Thanks, but I notice that your ToDo list entry has this under Tasks, not Messages:
Quote- Add: Tasks: Filter on project: http://www.efmer.eu/forum_tt/index.php?topic=359.0
Oops ::)
Corrected.