False positive in Avast with un-installer

Started by Corsair, November 11, 2013, 10:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

Hi Fred,

I'm having troubles with the set-up of the program as Avast (ver 2014.9.0.2007) is giving a false positive with the un-installer program stating that has one kind of "animal" and don let go further in the installation, I've switched off the Avast during ther installation and this could be done.

at the same time I've informed to Avast that is a false positive and there is no virus in the software routine, Hope it could be fix in the next few days, as in scheduled scan the same software is found as containing this "animal" ;)
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on November 11, 2013, 10:18:57 PM
at the same time I've informed to Avast that is a false positive and there is no virus in the software routine, Hope it could be fix in the next few days, as in scheduled scan the same software is found as containing this "animal" ;)
Is there a specific exe mentioned. The exe are signed, so the scanner should trust them.

Corsair

Quote from: fred on November 12, 2013, 06:29:10 AM
Quote from: Corsair on November 11, 2013, 10:18:57 PM
Is there a specific exe mentioned. The exe are signed, so the scanner should trust them.

is in the Unins000.exe and scanned the result shown is "High risk - Thread:Win32:Malware-gen"

as I told before I've informed Avast about this false positive, so I hope Avast could correct it in the next few days.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on November 12, 2013, 08:53:47 AM
is in the Unins000.exe and scanned the result shown is "High risk - Thread:Win32:Malware-gen"
OK that's the installer, not my own programs.