Move columns to different tab?

Started by camaro1919, December 30, 2010, 10:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camaro1919

I just downloaded and started using BT 0.93.  I am looking for a replacement for BOINCView, and BT may fit the bill.  Great Job!

Just a thought, I think at least 2 columns currently in the "Tasks" tab (Temperature & Debt) might work out better in different tabs.  Put "Temperature" in the "Computer" tab, and "Debt" in the "Projects" tab.

Ron K.

fred

Quote from: camaro1919 on December 30, 2010, 10:34:47 PM
I just downloaded and started using BT 0.93.  I am looking for a replacement for BOINCView, and BT may fit the bill.  Great Job!

Just a thought, I think at least 2 columns currently in the "Tasks" tab (Temperature & Debt) might work out better in different tabs.  Put "Temperature" in the "Computer" tab, and "Debt" in the "Projects" tab.

Ron K.
The temperature for the CPU is always the same, but the GPU temperature is linked to a specific tasks. That's why it doesn't fit in the Project tab.
But maybe the Debt is better off in the Project tab.

Others who want to comment on this.

And you may want to try the latest Beta version V 0.96, should be quite stable.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on January 02, 2011, 04:42:51 AM
Quote from: camaro1919 on December 30, 2010, 10:34:47 PM
The temperature for the CPU is always the same, but the GPU temperature is linked to a specific tasks. That's why it doesn't fit in the Project tab.
Not Project tab, Ron meant the Computer tab - the temperatures also are linked to a specific computer. (Add it additionally there?) But you are true with the GPU temperatures, already bound to specific single GPU tasks.

But maybe the Debt is better off in the Project tab.
I remember the STD being good for predicting the next tasks to be crunched. Maybe the Projects tab could contain both STD and LTD?
See also
Quote from: John McLeod VII on August 06, 2010, 06:07:27 PM
I really miss having long term and short term debt columns in the Project view, and short term debts in the tasks view.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on January 02, 2011, 07:02:12 PM
I remember the STD being good for predicting the next tasks to be crunched. Maybe the Projects tab could contain both STD and LTD?
See also
I really miss having long term and short term debt columns in the Project view, and short term debts in the tasks view.
Yes and my response was: there are 3 long and 3 short time debts, a bit too much.
And that's the reason why it's in Tasks because there are 3 types of short therm debts. Impossible to show in one line in Projects.
Another thing is that the whole debt thing should be gone in one of the newer version.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on January 02, 2011, 08:04:41 PM
Quote from: Pepo on January 02, 2011, 07:02:12 PM
Maybe the Projects tab could contain both STD and LTD?
See also
Yes and my response was: there are 3 long and 3 short time debts, a bit too much.
And that's the reason why it's in Tasks because there are 3 types of short therm debts. Impossible to show in one line in Projects.
Yes, I wanted to note also this detail, I've just pressed the "Post" button too soon and forgot it afterwards...
Peter

Beyond

Don't care too much where the debts column is, but please leave the temp column in Tasks.

jjwhalen

Quote from: Beyond on January 03, 2011, 04:50:46 AM
Don't care too much where the debts column is, but please leave the temp column in Tasks.

I'm with Beyond on this one: please leave Temp (and Throttle!) where they are.

jjwhalen

Quote from: fred on January 02, 2011, 08:04:41 PM
Another thing is that the whole debt thing should be gone in one of the newer version.

Yeah, I can't wait to see how the new Scheduler is going to work ::)