real time BoincTask statistics: task thruput by computer

Started by JStateson, April 29, 2010, 05:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JStateson

Wish:  To have the CPU and GPU time displayed as another option in your statistical graphs.  I read where you have as an add "A minigraph column for the RAC"  however, that is not the same as the CPU and GPU time that BoincTasks displays for each task.

The statistics graph would have the following form:

Vertical Axis would show the time in seconds spent on the result.
Horizontal axis to show the number of work units processed since BoincStats was started.
GPU and CPU time would be plotted as separate lines.  If your graph class supports a legund then I suggest the average run time and its standard deviation be displayed as the legund.  Results that errored out would not be included in the graph.

Since some projects take only minutes (milkway with ati) and others take weeks, you might want to use log scale when combining projects on one graph if your class supports it.

fred

Quote from: BeemerBiker on April 29, 2010, 05:47:57 PM
Wish:  To have the CPU and GPU time displayed as another option in your statistical graphs.  I read where you have as an add "A minigraph column for the RAC"  however, that is not the same as the CPU and GPU time that BoincTasks displays for each task.

The statistics graph would have the following form:

Vertical Axis would show the time in seconds spent on the result.
Horizontal axis to show the number of work units processed since BoincStats was started.
GPU and CPU time would be plotted as separate lines.  If your graph class supports a legund then I suggest the average run time and its standard deviation be displayed as the legund.  Results that errored out would not be included in the graph.

Since some projects take only minutes (milkway with ati) and others take weeks, you might want to use log scale when combining projects on one graph if your class supports it.

I'm not quite sure....
E.g. some tasks within a project vary a bit.
Task 1 24 hour.
Task 2 4 minutes.