can't get BoincTasks 1.45 to run as Admin

Started by tjcares, April 04, 2013, 12:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjcares

I installed BoincTasks as admin like I was suppose to but ever time I try to run it a security block comes up asking if I want to allow it to run.  even went to the exe and changed them there with no luck.  I am running windows ultimate 64.

Yes I set it to start on computer start up.

fred

Quote from: tjcares on April 04, 2013, 12:17:24 PM
I installed BoincTasks as admin like I was suppose to but ever time I try to run it a security block comes up asking if I want to allow it to run.  even went to the exe and changed them there with no luck.  I am running windows ultimate 64.

Yes I set it to start on computer start up.
It's not necessarily to run as administrator. The installer will raise the access to administrator automatically.
But it should be no problem nevertheless.

What you describe normally happens when you are logged in below administrator and want to run a program that should run as administrator. E.g. a shortcut that is set to run as administrator.

Do you start the exe or a shortcut.

Another possibility: The BoincTasks folder is set as administrator only. In that case the same thing happens.

tjcares

I want it to start like it did before, when I start the computer.  I am the only one on this computer.  all the people have the same rights. 

Little bit of help on how to make me the admin pls or to at least log in as admin each time pls.  LOL

Just checked, I AM admin

I started both but same problem...with this problem it will not start at start up :((

solved the problem by turning off admin.  still won't start on start up.

fred

Quote from: tjcares on April 04, 2013, 11:23:15 PM
solved the problem by turning off admin.  still won't start on start up.
Exit BoincTask.
On the BoincTasks exe: Use the right mouse key to open the context menu.
Select run as administrator.
Now remove the check and set the check again at run at login.
Exit BoincTasks and run it as user.

tjcares