Ability to launch VNC when clicking on computer name or IP

Started by JStateson, April 16, 2010, 02:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JStateson

Since clicking on the computer tree (side panel) does nothing, yet, I was wishing that I could launch VNC or some remote access program of my choosing.  Can you add another column after "Wanted Tasks" such as "Launch Task"?

To configure, one would have to click on a browse button so as to browse to the desired app (vnc, ultra vnc, etc) and supply as the argument the ip address.  For ultra vnc all that is needed is "C:\Program Files\UltraVNC>vncviewer.exe 192.168.0.4" and the browser could show something editable like "C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\vncviewer.exe %s" where one could add any operands  as needed.  For example (the 192.168.0.4 above):

this would then bring up, for example,

Since ultra vnc can keep passwords and credentials one would not have to supply the vnc password on the launch line.  All that would be needed is the launch command line which would be in your computers.xml file such as
<launch_task>C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\vncviewer.exe %s</launch_task>

fred

Quote from: BeemerBiker on April 16, 2010, 02:36:41 PM

Since ultra vnc can keep passwords and credentials one would not have to supply the vnc password on the launch line.  All that would be needed is the launch command line which would be in your computers.xml file such as
<launch_task>C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\vncviewer.exe %s</launch_task>
The problem with the Computer.xml file is that it is only valid when BT is closed.
BT reads the file and keeps it in memory, changes are kept in memory and stored as the program closes.
When you double click on the computer I could add a launch of something. Start an Exe of Bat file.
But I have to save the value of <launch_task> in memory and write it back when something changes.