color for task exceeding their completion time.

Started by idahofisherman, October 20, 2009, 08:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idahofisherman

How about a color setting available for task that execeed their completion time? 

Is their some other solution such as automatically aborting them?

Pepo

Quote from: idahofisherman on October 20, 2009, 08:59:44 PM
How about a color setting available for task that execeed their completion time?
What about different colors for tasks, which are already past the deadline and tasks, which will exceed their completion time?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on October 21, 2009, 12:26:06 PM
Quote from: idahofisherman on October 20, 2009, 08:59:44 PM
What about different colors for tasks, which are already past the deadline and tasks, which will exceed their completion time?
I added one, a color for task that are already past the deadline time.
If you near the deadline it's up to BOINC you will get plenty of high priority tasks.

Pepo

When multiple tasks are endangered by deadlines, it is not more possible to distinguish the running ones from the others. Could the Colors/Tasks or Colors/Warnings tab get an additional button for Running Deadline or so?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on May 19, 2010, 09:34:15 AM
When multiple tasks are endangered by deadlines, it is not more possible to distinguish the running ones from the others. Could the Colors/Tasks or Colors/Warnings tab get an additional button for Running Deadline or so?
I'm not sure if there should be a difference. Missing a deadline is just as bad in both cases. And a tasks that is running or waiting may change state any moment.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on May 19, 2010, 11:00:09 AM
I'm not sure if there should be a difference. Missing a deadline is just as bad in both cases. And a tasks that is running or waiting may change state any moment.
But since appeared, the deadline state's color will not disappear anymore (depends just on my warning threshold). And if I'm more interested in the running state than in the deadline state, my only choice is not to use deadline warning.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on May 19, 2010, 12:24:30 PM
But since appeared, the deadline state's color will not disappear anymore (depends just on my warning threshold). And if I'm more interested in the running state than in the deadline state, my only choice is not to use deadline warning.
Ok, added color for warning: deadline , state running/running hp.

fred

Just wondering wouldn't it be better to add an option: No deadline warnings for running tasks.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on May 21, 2010, 10:40:28 AM
Just wondering wouldn't it be better to add an option: No deadline warnings for running tasks.
I don't think so. I believe it has a reason to stay. Otherwise the GUI might suggest "everything is fine" although the situation is not.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on May 21, 2010, 01:17:47 PM
Quote from: fred on May 21, 2010, 10:40:28 AM
I don't think so. I believe it has a reason to stay. Otherwise the GUI might suggest "everything is fine" although the situation is not.
So a different color it is.