how to get BT to see a boinc instance in Amazon ec2

Started by tjcares, June 02, 2012, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjcares

Hi all!
Love boinc Stats:)

I just got a boinc working in Amazon's EC2 cloud and am now trying to get BT to connect to it so I don't have to drive my self nuts with all that command line junk.

Went to add computers and tried to add the public and then the private ip  no go. 

The password is the pem file but how would I use that?

Any BT tech guru want to make a free account and do a step by step?  LOL

Dave/tjcares
;D

fred

Quote from: tjcares on June 02, 2012, 04:09:43 PM
Hi all!

I just got a boinc working in Amazon's EC2 cloud and am now trying to get BT to connect to it so I don't have to drive my self nuts with all that command line junk.

Went to add computers and tried to add the public and then the private ip  no go. 

Dave/tjcares
;D
Best go here: http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum_forum.php?id=10 and ask how to connect remotely to your cloud computer.
If you know how, you can set up BoincTasks accordingly.

tjcares

Quote from: fred on June 02, 2012, 05:22:40 PM
Quote from: tjcares on June 02, 2012, 04:09:43 PM
Hi all!

Dave/tjcares
;D
Best go here: http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum_forum.php?id=10 and ask how to connect remotely to your cloud computer.
If you know how, you can set up BoincTasks accordingly.

I use Putty to get in remotely but still no gui  that is why I was trying to get your program to do it.
Thinking now though since it lets you import your own vm, of making a vm with boinc on it and uploading that.

fred

Quote from: tjcares on June 02, 2012, 06:39:56 PM
I use Putty to get in remotely but still no gui  that is why I was trying to get your program to do it.
Thinking now though since it lets you import your own vm, of making a vm with boinc on it and uploading that.
In order for this to work, you need an fixed (ip) address for the (virtual) machine that runs BOINC.
Next you have to set up the BOINC client to accept calls from your machine.
Next you have to allow the firewall to allow BOINC RPC connections.

I don't think there is anyone who can help you here.