BoincTasks TrayIcon doesn't show

Started by Mellowman, November 07, 2011, 04:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

Quote from: Mellowman on November 08, 2011, 01:52:14 PM
Still no main window or trayicon. The daily log only shows those 2 lines posted earlier (for v1.25).

Anthony.
You can move the working copy of the program to a different location, so can stay on using it, while testing.
Copy the whole: C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks folder and move it to an 116 folder.

Testing V 1.26:

Copy C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\examples\log log.xml to C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\log.
Open notebook as administrator and edit C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\log log.xml

Set everything to 1, except <fileonly>

<history_fetching>      1   </history_fetching>
      <tasks>            1   </tasks>
      <tthrottle_communication>   1   </tthrottle_communication>
      <tthrottle_data>      1   </tthrottle_data>
      <tthrottle_read>      1   </tthrottle_read>
      <tthrottle_graphic>      1   </tthrottle_graphic>
      <snooze>         1   </snooze>
      <temperature_gpu>      1   </temperature_gpu>
      <directory>         1   </directory>
      <search_computers>      1   </search_computers>
      <connecting>         1   </connecting>
      <notices>         1   </notices>
      <webserver>         1   </webserver>
      <heap_check>         1   </heap_check>

Lets see if this produces any output.

fred

Quote from: Mellowman on November 08, 2011, 02:05:12 PM
Maybe I should just use the LAN IP 169.254.0.1. What do you think?
What works works.

fred

The extra debug logging only shows if in the logging window the "debug mode" check is set.
So you have to check that one first and next try the latest version.
In the mean time I will build a test version.

Mellowman

I just mailed the logs. There's no extra data in the logfiles after changing the xml-file.

I have tried using LAN IP 169.254.0.1 but it didn't work (yet) in v1.09 (remember that v1.16 also doesn't work, like v1.25). Maybe for the LAN IP to work I have to change something in the Boinc files to allow for remote connection, I don't know.

Fred, I just replied to your email, so it's send to your private email adres, not the one you supplied earlier in this thread.

You just posted before I could post.

I enabled debug mode in v1.09, I will stop it and start v1.25 again. Reacting will take a bit slower now as I have company.

Anthony.

Mellowman

I've emailed you the new logs, but there wasn't any extra logging data as I've said in the mail and will show in the attached logs.

Anthony.

fred

I'm almost ready with a test version, expect one tomorrow.

Mellowman

Mellowman

This version does start up. But now my main Boinc directory is recognized as localhost2 (because of the change in the hosts file yesterday) and not connected. My secondary Boinc directory (Boinc2 with only Collatz) is recognized as localhost and connected.

So how do I let them connect to both clients?

Anthony.

fred

Quote from: Mellowman on November 09, 2011, 10:49:37 AM
This version does start up. But now my main Boinc directory is recognized as localhost2 (because of the change in the hosts file yesterday) and not connected. My secondary Boinc directory (Boinc2 with only Collatz) is recognized as localhost and connected.

So how do I let them connect to both clients?
You can change the host file, see previous post.

Add the line:

localhost       localhost2

So localhost2 = localhost.

Or you can simply use the ip address or the local machine.

And I would like to see both log files, to see what's going on, because the problem may still be there.

Mellowman

The program won't shutdown properly. I placed the edited log.xml in BoinTasks\Log, put debug mode on, I will kill the program, restart it, let it run for 5 minutes and send you the logs.

I just mailed you the logs.

Anthony.

fred

Quote from: Mellowman on November 09, 2011, 11:39:27 AM
The program won't shutdown properly. I placed the edited log.xml in BoinTasks\Log, put debug mode on, I will kill the program, restart it, let it run for 5 minutes and send you the logs.
Seems to be working.

Edit the log file to remove all debugging except the connection.

<history_fetching>      0   </history_fetching>
      <tasks>            0   </tasks>
      <tthrottle_communication>   0   </tthrottle_communication>
      <tthrottle_data>      0   </tthrottle_data>
      <tthrottle_read>      0   </tthrottle_read>
      <tthrottle_graphic>      0   </tthrottle_graphic>
      <snooze>         0   </snooze>
      <temperature_gpu>      0   </temperature_gpu>
      <directory>         0   </directory>
      <search_computers>      0   </search_computers>
      <connecting>         1   </connecting>
      <notices>         0   </notices>
      <webserver>         0   </webserver>
      <heap_check>         0   </heap_check>

Mellowman

Just changed the log.xml and started v1.27. It's still connecting to only 1 of the 2 Boinc-dirs (the primary one now is localhost and connected). The program still won't shutdown properly, I have to kill it in taskmanager. It's running for 5 minutes now. Let's see if it will now shutdown properly. I'll send you the logs.

Anthony.

Mellowman

Yesterday I think I forgot to put the log.xml file in the correct directory  :o.

Anthony.

Beyond

Quote from: fred on November 09, 2011, 10:34:24 AM
Test version: 1.27 TEST  http://www.efmer.com/download/boinc/boinc_tasks/unified/setup_32_64_boinc_tasks_1_2_7_TEST.exe
BT 1.24 & 1.25 started erratically here too.  Often the icon would not appear and the program would also not appear (set not to minimize on start) but the BT task would be in Task Manager with about .4 seconds of CPU time.  I could get 1.25 to start by rebooting.  1.26 would not start at all.  Tried 1.27 test version above and it started after about 90 seconds.  Seems to be working well and for some reason now the localhost TT temp is showing in BT.  In 1.25 the TT temp showed up about 1% of the time if that.