support for: setiathome_v7 7.00

Started by 52 Aces, June 22, 2013, 06:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

52 Aces

I upgraded to latest lunatics, and now have WU's reporting as "setiathome_v7 7.00" --- but now my GPU isn't getting enough to stay busy, and BoincRescheduler doesn't seem to acknowledge the new WU type.

Is there a fix, either on my side, or pending in a newer release of BoincRescheduler ??

Thx much !!!

fred

Quote from: 52 Aces on June 22, 2013, 06:16:05 AM
I upgraded to latest lunatics, and now have WU's reporting as "setiathome_v7 7.00" --- but now my GPU isn't getting enough to stay busy, and BoincRescheduler doesn't seem to acknowledge the new WU type.

Is there a fix, either on my side, or pending in a newer release of BoincRescheduler ??

Thx much !!!
Not planned, read this as well: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_thread.php?id=71828

52 Aces

Thx so much for the pointer to the other thread.   Sounds like the cause for equitable credits beat the cause for expedited S@H progress.

I pointed out a loooong time ago that if your wingman's boinc version was ancient enough, then they tanked your credit on WU's.   Those ancient clients were basically anvils on several levels.  I suggested that the server cease issuing WU's to Boinc clients below a certain version watermark.   Boy was I jumped on.   Apparently, the spirit of the project is to crunch as much as possible across the globe, every CPU maters regardless of the drag, and only a Ferengi like me would take notice that points even existed (fair points was an ignoble cause), yadda, yadda, yadda.   Well, far be it from me to point out the irony now ;-) 

fred

Quote from: 52 Aces on June 22, 2013, 06:17:29 PM
Thx so much for the pointer to the other thread.   Sounds like the cause for equitable credits beat the cause for expedited S@H progress.
The credits are rocks, rocks of little value.

52 Aces

The credits are rocks, rocks of little value.

Agreed.   But optimizing our own systems to crunch the way we wish does add value both.   So why make rescheduling unavailable (ie: not add v7 support to BoincRescheduler) ????   The explanation thread referenced implies it was for the sole purpose to prevent Credit tanking (those rocks of little value) under the "NewCredit" flag scheme.

fred

Quote from: 52 Aces on June 23, 2013, 11:32:14 AM
Agreed.   But optimizing our own systems to crunch the way we wish does add value both.   So why make rescheduling unavailable (ie: not add v7 support to BoincRescheduler) ????   The explanation thread referenced implies it was for the sole purpose to prevent Credit tanking (those rocks of little value) under the "NewCredit" flag scheme.
The servers keep track of the performance of your CPU and GPU. When you switch things, it messes up the whole system.
Besides that you only get a few credits that way and annoying your wing person.