Wrong temp for 2nd ATI video board

Started by JStateson, January 18, 2018, 10:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JStateson

I made that change in tthrottle.xml to get my second HD-7950 recognized but I have the same problem as my other pair of HD-7850.  The 2nd video boards temperature is not reported:  Instead, the first boards temperature is reported in its place.  By "first board" I mean the ATI board that is furthermost from the CPU.  Unfortunately, the one closest to the CPU always seems to run hotter and if that was reported "twice" I would be happy as I know the other one is always cooler (unless the fan stops of course).

Anyway, I can get the 2nd board's temp using Radeon software's overclock option or through gpu-z but neither of those programs report back to boinctasks.  Lemme know if I can help debug this.

Thanks for looking!

[EDIT] I also tried using 2 and then 1 for "inactive" but both of those options caused crashes and setting that ATI "inactive" to 0 stopped the crashes.

fred

Quote from: BeemerBiker on January 18, 2018, 10:51:02 PM
I made that change in tthrottle.xml to get my second HD-7950 recognized but I have the same problem as my other pair of HD-7850.  The 2nd video boards temperature is not reported:
Throttle supports 2 external programs.
HWiNFO and GPU-Z, so try one of those to report to TThrottle.
https://efmer.com/tthrottle-manual/ in the chapter External.

JStateson

Radeon driver update 18.1.1 fixed problem.  I was running 17.

fred

Quote from: BeemerBiker on January 20, 2018, 10:59:09 AM
Radeon driver update 18.1.1 fixed problem.  I was running 17.
Even better, just a driver bug, great.