Add project should default to selected computer

Started by hucker, May 19, 2022, 02:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hucker

If I have one computer selected and I'm looking at say the tasks it's running, then I go to add a project, it's currently defaulting to the local machine instead of the computer I've selected.  I keep adding projects to the wrong computer.

hucker

This is really annoying, i just tried to add 10 projects to my phone, then find it's trying to add them to a completely different machine.

fred

The correct way:
Click on Add Project and select the right computer left top corner.
If you want to add the project to other computers, check "Add the project on additional computer"
Now click on all the computer you want to add, below the checkbox.
Now use the Add Project button

hucker

Yes, I know that but it's unintuitive, if I've selected one computer I'm working on anyway, I expect the projects dialog to use that information :-P

fred

Quote from: hucker on August 29, 2022, 08:12:12 PM
Yes, I know that but it's unintuitive, if I've selected one computer I'm working on anyway, I expect the projects dialog to use that information :-P
I added it to my todo list.

fred

hucker

When i try to install that version, i get

---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted.
Error 5: Access is denied.

fred

Quote from: hucker on September 01, 2022, 08:36:48 PM
Error 5: Access is denied.
I checked and it works just fine.
In BoincTasks go to Help -> Update  press Check.
Make sure Include Beta versions is checked
Should show 1.88 as a new Beta
Press Update.

hucker

I get the same error message, either downloading from the website in a browser, or using the update as you said.  Can you tell me what temporary directory it's trying to use and I'll check what's going on.  I've not had problems installing any other software.

fred

Quote from: hucker on September 02, 2022, 04:36:08 PM
Can you tell me what temporary directory it's trying to use and I'll check what's going on.  I've not had problems installing any other software.
Help -> Update See "Folder to store download"
Otherwise try installing with the right mouse key "Run as Administrator"

hucker

Ah, disabling AVG antivirus let it install.  Strange, since AVG has no record of blocking anything.  That program is a pest sometimes.