TThrottle support for only 16 cores

Started by KLiK, October 19, 2022, 07:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLiK

Hi all,
as I do have 2x Deca-core (10 core) system in my Workstation, so total number of my cores is actually 20 (or 40 threads). As that is more then 16, so the Temperature sheet & Graph sheets do not work. Does anybody else have a similar problem?

Thank,

fred

More the n16, shouldn't be impossible, but difficult to test.

KLiK

Well, given that more & more systems use more cores...maybe you can gives us a suggestion how to send you back some data & this gets updated? 🤷‍♂️

fred

I will add it to the list, it's only the temperature graph that's effected by the number of cores, not sure if the driver can handle more.
Updating the driver will be impossible, way way to expensive and maybe not allowed.

fred

Updated to 7.74 that supports 32 temperature cores.

KLiK

Quote from: fred on January 06, 2023, 02:28:48 PMUpdated to 7.74 that supports 32 temperature cores.
Started to test this Beta v7.7.8, after the summer is over. (Sorry, catched this message too late.)

In Temperature sheet, there are most of the cores written (32 out of now 48) & all 3 GPUs. Previously v7.7.2 did not support GPU at all & had to run Tech Power-up to keep track of temperature on Teslas.  ;)

Will write more, as this needs to be tested on 24/7 basis.  8)

fred

32 is as far as I can go.
Above 32 I have to rewrite the driver and that's very expensive, probably in the thousands of dollars.
Microsoft made it much more difficult to add drivers.

Fred

KLiK

Quote from: fred on October 19, 2023, 02:15:13 AM32 is as far as I can go.
Above 32 I have to rewrite the driver and that's very expensive, probably in the thousands of dollars.
Microsoft made it much more difficult to add drivers.

Fred
Here is a wild question, OK 32 is a limit. But can it be that you make 32 throttles limit for single CPU?

So you would on dual-CPU systems work on single driver for CPU, making it with 2x32?

fred

A BOINC process is linked to a CPU, you could have 32 tasks on 2 CPU's.

KLiK

Tested v7.78, seems stable. Works OK on 2x12c / 2x24t.

Suggestion: if the program can't run more then 32c, can you post only "core temps" & ignore the "thread temps"? This would give more accurate picture of working conditions of CPU.

Thanks