BT 1.43

Started by Pepo, November 03, 2012, 10:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

Quote from: fredAdd: Messages: 3 user definable texts, that show a highlighted color.  (V 1.43 )
Works nicely. Sort of "*core of the text to be highlighted*".
Could the text be searched in a case-insensitive way (if it is not intentionally case-sensitive)?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 03, 2012, 10:07:55 PM
Could the text be searched in a case-insensitive way.

coolstream

For the first time, I am having problems doing the update from recent to latest version (1.42 to 1.43). I suspect it was because I looked at the list of changes before doing the actual update (automatically as administrator).

I ended up with two windows asking me if I wanted to do the update. I closed one (and most likely it was the 'wrong' one) and ended up with warning windows telling me that some vital (AND RUNNING) processes could not be updated. Checking Task Manager showed me that I eventually had several instances of the program all running (and taking large amounts of system resources).

I was eventually able to do the update after I closed down all of these instances.

Fred, I  wonder if you have any idea what caused this to happen and hope that my report will be of some use.

fred

Quote from: coolstream on November 06, 2012, 06:07:14 PM
For the first time, I am having problems doing the update from recent to latest version (1.42 to 1.43). I suspect it was because I looked at the list of changes before doing the actual update (automatically as administrator).

I ended up with two windows asking me if I wanted to do the update. I closed one (and most likely it was the 'wrong' one) and ended up with warning windows telling me that some vital (AND RUNNING) processes could not be updated. Checking Task Manager showed me that I eventually had several instances of the program all running (and taking large amounts of system resources).

I was eventually able to do the update after I closed down all of these instances.

Fred, I  wonder if you have any idea what caused this to happen and hope that my report will be of some use.
How did you update, I gather you pressed update using BoincTasks.
But unless you know exactly what you closed as the wrong one, it will be hard to reproduce.
Look in the Crash folder and see if BoincTask crashed.

coolstream

I'm going to be away today, but I'll see if I can make a report in the next 24 hours.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on November 04, 2012, 12:49:34 PM
Quote from: Pepo on November 03, 2012, 10:07:55 PM
Could the text be searched in a case-insensitive way.
BT is not noticing the 1.44's existence. I'll try the usual manual download & install.

[edit] It is really not (yet) there. Let's wait for its release ;)
Peter