Unable to get email feature to work; email logs do not work.

Started by Raubhautz, April 02, 2013, 04:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raubhautz

Hi - I have configured my TThrottle 'email' configuration to the settings of my email. Unfortunately, it keeps failing to connect to the server.  In trying to resolve this without bothering anyone, I followed the instructions on another thread to enable 'logging' of email:
QuoteIf you still have problems, send me the log that you can find here:
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\eFMer\TThrottle\maillog.txt
Vista: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\eFMer\TThrottle\maillog.txt

If you still run into problems you can enable email logging:

In the folder C:\Program Files\eFMer\TThrottle you find tthrottle.xml, if it isn't there copy it from \examples

Somewhere you will find

<logging>
<file>0</file>
<email>1</email>
</logging>

<email> may not be there, it that case add <email>1</email> as shown above.
otherwise change 0 into 1.

1 sets logging of the email process.

Unfortunately, though I was able to effect the required entry on this file, no logging occurs in the indicated folder when/after running the email apps.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Phil

fred

<!--   =======
   Logging
   =======

file set to 1 enables logging to file. Location: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\eFMer\TThrottle\log
-->

<logging>
  <file>1</file>
  <email>1</email>
</logging>

Set <file> 1 to get a logging in the file.

TThrottle uses this program: http://caspian.dotconf.net/menu/Software/SendEmail/
The exe is in the folder: C:\Program Files\eFMer\TThrottle

For the logging to

Raubhautz

Excellent! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction... Looks like the sendemail program does not like to send to ports other than 80! All is well now.  ;D

fred

Quote from: Raubhautz on April 05, 2013, 06:28:42 AM
Excellent! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction... Looks like the sendemail program does not like to send to ports other than 80! All is well now.  ;D
Your provider most likely opens only certain ports for email

DRESI

Hello, everyone who read this :)

Have had a similar problem, so I hook up here (ignoring warning of system)

EMail is a nice feature. I'll send me one, if GPU-Temp is low (< 50°C) as an indicator BOINC doesn't run.

Sending Email works fine if I set Port empty.