BT 0.21.0

Started by Corsair, October 08, 2009, 08:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

Hi Fred,

1 - % running CPU/GPU: waiting to run, ready to report and uploading is showing % when should be 0 (no indicator).
2 - should be added one colour for low performance of CPU/GPU. (*)
3 - should be one entry to select the % considered as Low Performance (normal about 25%)
4 - the windows Project refresh continuously instead of time entered in Extra - Setting. (same in transfers and messages).
5 - still CAL work shown as CPU work.
6 - what is the double time shown in CPU tasks between brackets??
7 - per defect should be all computers activated, but not marked, and if you want to "go" to one computer in this case just click on the one that you want to see.
8 - ref 1 why not referring to 1 instead to 100, on that way could be better the alignment, and for easier programming I think is enough with the number without the indicator.

(*) I've seen that is "Error CPU Ratio", but should be an option as for 3.

will see if I remember something else. ;)
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on October 08, 2009, 08:58:56 PM
Hi Fred,

1 - % running CPU/GPU: waiting to run, ready to report and uploading is showing % when should be 0 (no indicator).
2 - should be added one colour for low performance of CPU/GPU. (*)
3 - should be one entry to select the % considered as Low Performance (normal about 25%)
4 - the windows Project refresh continuously instead of time entered in Extra - Setting. (same in transfers and messages).
5 - still CAL work shown as CPU work.
6 - what is the double time shown in CPU tasks between brackets??
7 - per defect should be all computers activated, but not marked, and if you want to "go" to one computer in this case just click on the one that you want to see.
8 - ref 1 why not referring to 1 instead to 100, on that way could be better the alignment, and for easier programming I think is enough with the number without the indicator.

(*) I've seen that is "Error CPU Ratio", but should be an option as for 3.

will see if I remember something else. ;)

1) Ok waiting to run should be 0% the rest is ok.
3) Make CPU and GPU ratio user definable, the 2 of them. Now fixed at 50%
4) Use Manual override for refreshing in all views.
5) There is no plan class so..... no...
6) Is the actual run time, valid for GPU and CPU.
7) Already in the list.
8) As it is a percentage... 1-100% and the bar it is easier to see.

Pepo

What about a ipaddress:portnumber notation for computer's IP Address? I could then attach BT to a remote machine and finally see the combined mode  8)
Peter

Pepo

I have two computers defined, one of them has IP "localhost:31417". If (also) this one is selected and I press "Connect to selected computers", I get a popup:
BoincTasks
an unnamed file contains an invalid path.
OK
but just the first time since the application launch. On subsequent connects nothing similar happens. Does my port trigger something unexpectedly wrong? :D

It takes a lot couple of seconds (4-7) for BT to terminate since Exit is selected, even if no connection to computers is present. Why?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on October 09, 2009, 11:30:50 AM
I have two computers defined, one of them has IP "localhost:31417". If (also) this one is selected and I press "Connect to selected computers", I get a popup:
BoincTasks
an unnamed file contains an invalid path.
OK
but just the first time since the application launch. On subsequent connects nothing similar happens. Does my port trigger something unexpectedly wrong? :D

It takes a lot couple of seconds (4-7) for BT to terminate since Exit is selected, even if no connection to computers is present. Why?
The port thing is still in the wish list. I can only do so much ;D  Wish I could work harder.
The exit takes some extra time to properly shut down the running threads.

Corsair

Quote from: fred on October 09, 2009, 07:47:47 AM
Quote from: Corsair on October 08, 2009, 08:58:56 PM
the indicator.
4) Use Manual override for refreshing in all views.

I've as manual every 5 seconds, but all the windows except Tasks, are continuously refreshing.

the mouse selection does not select anything in all windows.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.