New Mac user installed ok but localhost not able to connect in Boinc Tasks

Started by ziggit, May 29, 2013, 06:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggit

Been running Boinc for about 20 months on mac mini (Snow Leopard). Just bought new mac mini (mountain lion) and also running Boinc on that for a couple of weeks. Came across Boinc Tasks and installed it ok with Winebottler on new mini. Assigned new mac mini as localhost, but no data! The computer permanently has the connecting icon next to it. Tried all of the stuff in the manual, and restarted Boinc Tasks, Boinc, and mac mini but situation unchanged. Help please!

fred

Quote from: ziggit on May 29, 2013, 06:12:31 PM
Been running Boinc for about 20 months on mac mini (Snow Leopard). Just bought new mac mini (mountain lion) and also running Boinc on that for a couple of weeks. Came across Boinc Tasks and installed it ok with Winebottler on new mini. Assigned new mac mini as localhost, but no data! The computer permanently has the connecting icon next to it. Tried all of the stuff in the manual, and restarted Boinc Tasks, Boinc, and mac mini but situation unchanged. Help please!
Look in the BOINC messages on the machine you want to connect to. It should generate errors like not allowed or password.
You need the Password of the localhost and fill it in the password field.

ziggit

Boinc messages? no errors fornd in system log, Winebottler log, or Boinc event log.
I have entered the password.
Application window shows regular updating but still no data!

fred

Quote from: ziggit on May 30, 2013, 02:18:55 PM
Boinc messages? no errors fornd in system log, Winebottler log, or Boinc event log.
I have entered the password.
Application window shows regular updating but still no data!
Go to Extra->Show->log and check "Debug"
Exit BoincTasks and restart BoincTasks.
Give me what's in  Extra->Show->log

The BOINC event log should give:
Config: GUI RPCs allowed from: IP for the remote hosts

ziggit

Sorted! It was a password problem resolved by editing the cfg file. Thanks for your help. Now to get it on my iPad. :D

fred

Quote from: ziggit on May 30, 2013, 09:30:36 PM
Sorted! It was a password problem resolved by editing the cfg file. Thanks for your help. Now to get it on my iPad. :D
BoincTasks works very well on the iPad.
The actual work is done on one of your Computers.
I'm not sure if this will work on a MAC.