News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Testing V 7.01

Started by fred, June 29, 2013, 09:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

Changed: Below W7 uses driver V 2.4 (WDF V1.5).
Changed: Installdriver V 1.41, some cosmetic changes.

coolstream

Congrats on these important changes and for adding the SHA-1 hash to the download page. I have a question about the SHA-1 value you have given. My check lists SHA-1 value as 474C40CD64806E66EBD3E0B9F8F2ADC371A5B1B3

i.e. not H474C40CD64806E66EBD3E0B9F8F2ADC371A5B1B3 as you have posted

I will do some test installs and let you know the outcome:

Win 7 x64: 7.0.0.2 TO 7.01 SUCCESS
Vista x64: 6.5 TO 7.01: SUCCESS Congratulations! ;)
Vista x86: 7.0.0.2 TO 7.01: SUCCESS
XP x86: 7.0.0.2 TO 7.01 SUCCESS

SUCCESS = Installed and runs with NO problems.

P.S. I see my name didn't make it to the 'About' screen  :'(
Don't worry, I am more grateful that the Vista x64 problem had been fixed

I will continue to monitor performance and keep you informed ;)

fred

Quote from: coolstream on July 01, 2013, 01:44:22 AM
P.S. I see my name didn't make it to the 'About' screen  :'(
Don't worry, I am more grateful that the Vista x64 problem had been fixed
That's what I warned you about, I already updated it for the next release.

coolstream

Not a problem ;)

I'm more intrigued by the difference in the hash values so I have done an online calculation here which confirms that the SHA-1 value is 474C40CD64806E66EBD3E0B9F8F2ADC371A5B1B3

coolstream

Hi Fred, since b7.01 has fixed the problem with drivers, it might be worthwhile to change the red warning message at the top of the page to advise to change to v7.01 instead of v7 Beta which it still says.

One thing I have noticed is that after rebooting the Vista x64 machine for the first time since I upgraded to 7.01, the processes in the Programs tab are no longer highlighted in green. The data in that screen appears to be correct (and the window title still says TThrottle V7.01).

Is the green highlight merely cosmetic (in which case, I don't mind), or does the green highlight indicate something?

fred

Quote from: coolstream on July 04, 2013, 06:51:20 PM
Is the green highlight merely cosmetic (in which case, I don't mind), or does the green highlight indicate something?
The green indicates running.
The first column gives the status, like "idle" in that case the color is gray.
If the run percentage goes low the threshold  the same.

coolstream

Thanks for the reply. As soon as I read 'first column' I realised that the reboot has somehow caused corruption in TThrottle.

Looking at it again, it looked like the old format of presenting the data even though the window title was TThrottle V7.01. All processes were running and data was being passed to BT.

Re-installing v7.01 appears to have fixed the problem and I now have it displaying the data in the new style.  :)

coolstream

Hi Fred. I'm not sure if this post would be better suited to the general TThrottle thread but I noticed today that although TThrottle is running on all machines, it is not being reported in Boinctasks for any machine.

I had to reboot one machine and instantly TThrottle results for that machine were shown in BoincTasks which is what drew my attention to this.

So why is it that all other machines are no longer showing results? (This is not the first time that I have noticed this, but I have never seen so many not being shown at once)

fred

Quote from: coolstream on July 20, 2013, 04:23:01 PM
So why is it that all other machines are no longer showing results? (This is not the first time that I have noticed this, but I have never seen so many not being shown at once)
Most likely a firewall problem. Or the computer got a new IP.

coolstream

Apologies. I look at this again and conclude that it is a user error. All machines are now reporting running temperatures.

re your reply, if IP had changed, surely no data at all would have been reported to BT?

fred

Quote from: coolstream on July 21, 2013, 11:02:54 AM
Apologies. I look at this again and conclude that it is a user error. All machines are now reporting running temperatures.

re your reply, if IP had changed, surely no data at all would have been reported to BT?
Depends if you set a name or an IP number.
If your IP number changes, everything breaks.