BT 1.52

Started by coolstream, July 26, 2013, 12:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolstream

I may have found a bug in 1.52. BoincTasks Credit Graphic was showing graphed results in Average mode, but when I switched to Total, the window went blank (i.e. nothing at all not even gridlines). Switching back to Average now gave the same result. Closing the graphic and reopening did not fix it.

Whilst typing this report, the graphics window closed itself and reopened with no Computers or Projects highlighted. Enabling Computers and Projects again now shows the plot with gridlines and legend. So it appears that BT fixed the problem itself but I thought I would report this because I have never seen it before.

fred

Quote from: coolstream on July 26, 2013, 12:30:32 PM
I may have found a bug in 1.52. BoincTasks Credit Graphic was showing graphed results in Average mode, but when I switched to Total, the window went blank (i.e. nothing at all not even gridlines). Switching back to Average now gave the same result. Closing the graphic and reopening did not fix it.

Whilst typing this report, the graphics window closed itself and reopened with no Computers or Projects highlighted. Enabling Computers and Projects again now shows the plot with gridlines and legend. So it appears that BT fixed the problem itself but I thought I would report this because I have never seen it before.
Did BoincTasks generate a crash report? For 1.52
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\eFMer\BoincTasks\crash

coolstream

Quote from: fred on July 26, 2013, 12:36:03 PMDid BoincTasks generate a crash report? For 1.52
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\eFMer\BoincTasks\crash

No. The folder is empty

fred

Quote from: coolstream on July 26, 2013, 05:24:51 PM
No. The folder is empty
We will probably never know what caused the problem.

coolstream

I have found another issue which I have never seen before (but only on one machine)

Using the TThrottle module of BT, I am looking at one machine in particular. It is telling me that the number of matching Programs (Processes) is 2 and lists them. However, this machine is being reported in BT as running 4 (and that is alsothe case when physically checking the machine).

I have never examined the PID info before, but in the TThrottle module, it is different to what is reported in TThrottle and Task Manager on the actual machine. Is there any logs info that I could add to this?

coolstream

Quote from: fred on July 26, 2013, 05:26:27 PM
Quote from: coolstream on July 26, 2013, 05:24:51 PM
No. The folder is empty
We will probably never know what caused the problem.
I guess not, but will keep an eye on it.

One question arising from this is what causes TThrottle to close without any user input? I see this quite often (perhaps 1-2 machines out of 12 closing every day or so). It isn't the case of the icon disappearing from the system tray, they are not showing in Task Manager Processes either.

If this is going to prove to require more info, I will do so in the TThrottle thread. ;)

fred

Quote from: coolstream on July 26, 2013, 05:41:24 PM

I guess not, but will keep an eye on it.

One question arising from this is what causes TThrottle to close without any user input? I see this quite often (perhaps 1-2 machines out of 12 closing every day or so). It isn't the case of the icon disappearing from the system tray, they are not showing in Task Manager Processes either.

If this is going to prove to require more info, I will do so in the TThrottle thread. ;)
No Crash report for TThrottle?

coolstream

There is a file dated 13/07/13 which is just over 100MB would that be any use? I've opened it with notepad but cannot make any sense of it.

Happy to send if required.

fred

Quote from: coolstream on July 27, 2013, 01:54:56 PM
There is a file dated 13/07/13 which is just over 100MB would that be any use? I've opened it with notepad but cannot make any sense of it.

Happy to send if required.
The first 3 digits are the version, if it's 701 than please do.