BT 0.22.0

Started by Corsair, October 12, 2009, 10:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

Hi Fred,

still showing "% CPU" in ready to report and Uploading.

I don't see anything else apart what is in the wish list.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on October 12, 2009, 10:04:04 PM
Hi Fred,

As it should, because the info is valid.
So you can see how efficient your task has been.

Pepo

• In the Computers window, I can see a computer with password in cleartext and the port is displayed as "*****". (This happens after creating a computer.)
    After restarting BT (or closing and reopening Computers window), the password is displayed as "*****".
  • I've two BOINC clients accessible, one over localhost:31416, another (actually remote, tunnelled through local port 31417) one as localhost:31417. Although I've defined just the remote computer and specified a password for it, BT still obtains the password from localhost's client folders, instead of using the specified password:
    16:34:14 computers ---- Computer = localhost get local password: 460c71e1a7a6f5398g3ce74hb963fk7c
    16:34:14 computers ---- remotemachine , localhost
    16:34:14 Connect, passwd ---- Host: localhost,remotemachine,Port: 31417, scheduler request host ID doesn't match authenticator (Passwrd)

Just like the manual states for the port numbers "Leave the port column empty in the computers window, unless you know exactly what your are doing.", the same should be true for passwords and if a password is specified for a computer line, BT should obey it and not guess according to the "localhost" in the IP address.
Peter

Corsair

Quote from: fred on October 13, 2009, 06:33:12 AM
Hi Fred,

;) UHmmmm, no.

why valid??, I don't care about the past efficiency when a task is paused, stopped, ready for report or uploading,
what I really want to see is what is crunching now. otherwise you could think that CPU/GPU is doing something
else when this is not the case. of course if you see to the state or the colour could be enough, but you know that
in a quick view don't see so much and just the thing or things that you use to see (or we want to see) ;)

still the manual refresh of windows only works in tasks windows, in the other ones is almost continuous.

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on October 13, 2009, 03:32:07 PM
Quote from: fred on October 13, 2009, 06:33:12 AM
Hi Fred,

;) UHmmmm, no.

1) why valid??, I don't care about the past efficiency when a task is paused, stopped, ready for report or uploading,
what I really want to see is what is crunching now. otherwise you could think that CPU/GPU is doing something
else when this is not the case. of course if you see to the state or the colour could be enough, but you know that
in a quick view don't see so much and just the thing or things that you use to see (or we want to see) ;)

2) still the manual refresh of windows only works in tasks windows, in the other ones is almost continuous.
1) For now I like it, if I get more complaints I may do something about it.
2) Is in the wish list.

fred

Quote from: Pepo on October 13, 2009, 02:45:31 PM

• In the Computers window, I can see a computer with password in cleartext and the port is displayed as "*****". (This happens after creating a computer.)
    After restarting BT (or closing and reopening Computers window), the password is displayed as "*****".
  • I've two BOINC clients accessible, one over localhost:31416, another (actually remote, tunnelled through local port 31417) one as localhost:31417. Although I've defined just the remote computer and specified a password for it, BT still obtains the password from localhost's client folders, instead of using the specified password:
    16:34:14 computers ---- Computer = localhost get local password: 460c71e1a7a6f5398g3ce74hb963fk7c
    16:34:14 computers ---- remotemachine , localhost
    16:34:14 Connect, passwd ---- Host: localhost,remotemachine,Port: 31417, scheduler request host ID doesn't match authenticator (Passwrd)

Just like the manual states for the port numbers "Leave the port column empty in the computers window, unless you know exactly what your are doing.", the same should be true for passwords and if a password is specified for a computer line, BT should obey it and not guess according to the "localhost" in the IP address.
Stupid me I will change the password/port **** mixed up.
I will change the localhost, the password will be the one supplied.

Corsair

Hi Fred,

BOINC Task Colors ---> Running GPU button doesn't anything all other buttons works correctly but the GPU one does not open the color window.

what says Pepo about the scrolling of the window for the messages here in the forum, I'm agreed and support him. ;)

Corsair.