Set BoincTasks colors and fonts the same on multiple PC

Started by yoro42, September 17, 2013, 09:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoro42

Is there a way to set BT colors and fonts on one PC and easily get the exact same setting on (5 in my case) other PCs.?

fred

Quote from: yoro42 on September 17, 2013, 09:13:13 PM
Is there a way to set BT colors and fonts on one PC and easily get the exact same setting on (5 in my case) other PCs.?
File->Write color settings.
Copy the file: BoincTasks_settings_colors.xml to the other computer and use File-> Read color settings

yoro42

Works great. Thanks for the help Fred. I had totally missed it.

fred

Quote from: yoro42 on September 20, 2013, 12:46:40 PM
Works great. Thanks for the help Fred. I had totally missed it.
Maybe there are too many options. :o

coolstream

Never too many, but such a useful tool as this can appear daunting when seen for the first time.

I really like how configureable it is and remember when I once showed you how I had set up BT, you were confused at first. Definitely a case of horses for courses and I wouldn't have it any other way ;)

I do however have one criticism/suggestion regarding BT colours which has confused people seeing BT in operation at my home.

The criticism is the way colours are used in the Computers graph. I would prefer it is instead of using computer one colour equals x, computer two equals y etc., colours could be allocated to the computer itself instead of computer 1,2, 3 etc.

Let me explain more...

Using the graph feature to show data about the LAST PC in my list, I see a line drawn in the colour I set for first PC. If I then decide to compare this line with another PC's data, the colour appear to swap (because the 'first' PC I had decided to show has now taken the colour of Second PC (per allocation of colours).

If colours could be allocated specifically to the PC rather than whether it is higher or lower in the list, there would be no changeing of colours and then anyone viewing the graphs wouldn't get confused by the colours constantly changeing as new PCs are added to the graph.

I look forward to your thoughts on this ;)

fred

Quote from: coolstream on September 21, 2013, 11:33:34 AM
I look forward to your thoughts on this ;)
You are right, it may sometimes be a bit confusing.

I added it to the list. It may well end up as another option, like: assign fixed color.

coolstream